Catholic Schools/Enrolment/etc

Catholic Schools/Enrolment/etc

Old Nov 18th 2005, 11:40 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Catholic Schools/Enrolment/etc

Originally Posted by sunbaker
Hiya

We are in bayside in Brisbane and have four children enrolled into catholic schools, two in primary two in secondary, you dont have to be in the catchment areas but they do need to see copies of baptismal cerificates, it was pretty straight forward we just turned up at both schools the primary interviewed us there and then and offered places they do offer places to non catholics also, we did have an awful lot of trouble finding the right school as my twelve year old had to go back into primary here from secondary in the uk and we couldnt get places for her at all and we then had to get her onto the lists for 2006 again they were full our local catholic secondary is carmel college they have no place for her for next year luckily after chatting to parents most of them were sending the girls to lourdes hill at hawthorne in brisbane no places but went to an open day and very impressed with it, I pestered them to death and she has a place, I think if you contact the school via phone and speak to the enrollment officer you will defo get more information,

cheers
donna
thanks donna for your helpful post

i dont believe i actually asked for religious opinions simply for peoples experiences. thanks again DONNA

Last edited by Rooksie; Nov 18th 2005 at 11:43 am.
Old Nov 18th 2005, 11:48 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rooksie
thanks donna for your helpful post

i dont believe i actually asked for religious opinions simply for peoples experiences. thanks again DONNA
Well you should know better
Old Nov 18th 2005, 11:49 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by fraser
Well you should know better

bloody hell talk about them and us!!!! i only asked a simple question mate, know what i mean .........
Old Nov 18th 2005, 11:51 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

bloody hell talk about them and us!!!! i only asked a simple question mate, know what i mean .........
Don't ask me mate I'm a Rangers fan
Old Nov 18th 2005, 11:53 am
Account Closed

Don't ask me mate I'm a Rangers fan

note to self "no religion only gets me into trouble"
Old Nov 18th 2005, 12:00 pm

note to self "no religion only gets me into trouble"
You and billions before you
Old Nov 18th 2005, 12:19 pm
Account Closed

You and billions before you

well bugger me roy keane has left MU - ive been out all morning so im sure im the last to catch on!!! golly gosh.
Old Nov 18th 2005, 12:21 pm

well bugger me roy keane has left MU - ive been out all morning so im sure im the last to catch on!!! golly gosh.
I know I posted it in the sports section.
On his way to the great unwashed at P**khead no doubt.
Old Nov 18th 2005, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

joanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JAJ
Is that a serious comment? Pretty sad if so.

I'm of the view that the right place for children to develop and learn about their faith is at church - not outsourced to the schools. Many Protestant churches take this quite seriously.

Jeremy
Jeremy yeh it was a joke, but as I am a practising catholic and have been all my life (my own choice I might add) I can indeed take the micky abit, not supposed to offend anyone just a bit of light hearted humour.
jo