Reload this Page >

Cathey Pacific- Are They Any Good

Cathey Pacific- Are They Any Good

Old Nov 12th 2004, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

Signman Glen is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Cathey Pacific- Are They Any Good

Hi Everyone

I have just had a quote for one-way flights to Melbourne end Jan for £410 all in, with CATHAY PACIFIC, including a 2 night stopover with friends in Hong Kong.

My questions are:-

1) Are they any good

2) What is the quality like

3) Leg room how much (I’ve got long legs)

4) Your experiences good / not so good

I can get info from their web pages but I think first hand experiences are the best way to make your mind up. Hope you can help.

Thanks in advance

Signman Glen & Sue
Old Nov 12th 2004, 5:46 pm
Going to Perth late 2005

timk is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cathey Pacific- Are They Any Good

Used them and they were very good, comparable to BA longhaul, very good food also.

tim

Originally Posted by Signman Glen
Hi Everyone

I have just had a quote for one-way flights to Melbourne end Jan for £410 all in, with CATHAY PACIFIC, including a 2 night stopover with friends in Hong Kong.

1) Are they any good

I can get info from their web pages but I think first hand experiences are the best way to make your mind up. Hope you can help.

Thanks in advance

Signman Glen & Sue
Old Nov 12th 2004, 5:53 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by timk
Used them and they were very good, comparable to BA longhaul, very good food also.

tim
That doesn't say much for Cathay then!!!!
Old Nov 12th 2004, 6:29 pm
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: Cathey Pacific- Are They Any Good

Hi Everyone

1) Are they any good

Thanks in advance

Signman Glen & Sue
G'day Glen and Sue,

Your deal sounds reasonable to me! My partner flew Manchester-Brisbane with Cathay Pacific in 2002 and said that they were very good.

Couple of links for you, which you may find useful:

Try doing a Google Groups and search the rec.travel.air group: http://groups.google.com.au/groups?h...rec.travel.air which will give you loads of information and people's opinions. Add "leg room" to the search if you want to get more of an idea on that particular aspect.

For information and photographs of airline food, I'd recommend having a look at: http://www.airlinemeals.net/indexMeals.html. My partner said that the food on Cathay was good though!

I'm inclined to think that most of the Asian airlines are better these days than the 'western' ones. They've put a lot of effort into competing and have, in the large, got it right!

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Chris

Old Nov 12th 2004, 6:33 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone

1) Are they any good

Thanks in advance

Signman Glen & Sue

FANTASTIC. I cant recommend them highly enough. Fantastic helpful and attentive staff, great in flight entz, good food...will now be my airline of choice where possible. No worries with them at all!
Old Nov 12th 2004, 9:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lucyb
FANTASTIC. I cant recommend them highly enough. Fantastic helpful and attentive staff, great in flight entz, good food...will now be my airline of choice where possible. No worries with them at all!
Same thoughts here! They were great with the children, special meals provided, toys and activity packs etc etc Leg room not sure on, you'd have to request a bulkhead seat at the time of booking (get in quick as these mainly go to families like us)! We're flying back to UK with them in a couple of weeks, kids are looking forward to it so they can't be too bad!
Old Nov 13th 2004, 1:08 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

My migration flight was with Cathay - the only other one as good has been with lauda. Cathay were excellent - plenty of legroom, plenty of food and drink - and they don't mind you going to the galley to ask - good service. Crew were so polite that they apologised if they bumped you with the galley trolley!
Couldn't fault them at all - and with lots of aircrew mates, I'm a rather critical passenger
Go for it - you should enjoy it
Old Nov 13th 2004, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

Driver is an unknown quantity at this point

we went with cathay in April this year to NZ, the crew were good but the other passengers had them running in circles all through the sleeping part of the flight. They were very good with bringing round lots of drinks quite regularly. Watch out if you get the bulkhead for the extra room, as its near the toilets my other half suffered with people waiting in a queue treading on his outstretched feet all the time. Wear white socks! The kids meals were great, exactly the stuff they wanted to eat and with little noveltie straws for thier drinks. They had a great play pack too. Films were good and up to date and temperature was good. I get really cold when they turn off the lights for some reason. You could go up to the back for sandwiches or a pot noodle at any time, we rate them as very good.