Reload this Page >

cathay pacific are they any good

cathay pacific are they any good

Old Feb 13th 2005, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

jesta is an unknown quantity at this point
Question cathay pacific are they any good

hi there

iam about to book my ticket for my rekki in oz, ive been told that emirates are the best followed by qantas and singapore, the reason i ask about cathay pacific is they are coming out has the cheapest by about £200. being such a long flight and our first ever flight we dont know if we should go with price or quality. the thing is we want to fly to perth from brisbane, but found out that going to cost about £330 each so it could make the difference as to worth we can fly to perth or not. we want to visit both because my aunt is brisbane and we want live in perth.

any input would be much help
Old Feb 13th 2005, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

Didnaeseeu is a jewel in the roughDidnaeseeu is a jewel in the roughDidnaeseeu is a jewel in the roughDidnaeseeu is a jewel in the roughDidnaeseeu is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: cathay pacific are they any good

Originally Posted by jesta
hi there

iam about to book my ticket for my rekki in oz, ive been told that emirates are the best followed by qantas and singapore, the reason i ask about cathay pacific is they are coming out has the cheapest by about £200. being such a long flight and our first ever flight we dont know if we should go with price or quality. the thing is we want to fly to perth from brisbane, but found out that going to cost about £330 each so it could make the difference as to worth we can fly to perth or not. we want to visit both because my aunt is brisbane and we want live in perth.

Hi

We have flown twice with Cathay and found them to be very good. Have also flown with Quantas, BA etc all are pretty good really!!! My opinion is theres not much difference between them, so for price reasons go with Cathay.

The only thing with Cathay was the transit time, think its about 5 hours in Hong Kong airport. But if its your first time there will be lots to see and do in the airport!!!

We have always got there and back alive so no worries!!!!

Have fun
Old Feb 13th 2005, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

wongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nice

I've flown Cathay Pacific many times to Hong Kong and Australia. Unfortunately, I've not flown Emirates to give a full comparison. Anyhow, I'd say that Cathay were better than British Airways. The food is better (and now that BA does 'the all day deli' Cathay's food is now light years better), and Cathay has more legroom (32 inches) than BA/Quantas according to the legroom comparison chart on Ebookers. They are fine with kids...and Hong Kong airport is very good and efficient. Also the flight to HK is a relatively smooth one as it is overland all the way apart from the North Sea.
Old Feb 13th 2005, 8:10 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: cthay pacific ar they any good

hi there

going on a rekki to oz, cathay pacific are coming up with cheapest price.
never flown before so know nothing about any airline. would be greatful for any input
Wife flew Emarites once, never again. There was a website by a bloke who flew too, called "Emarites Are Crap!". She flew Cathay on way out here last time and service was great. When we go back it will probably be with them or Qantas, but most likely Cathay.

PS two-thirds of your post vanished?
Old Feb 13th 2005, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

Fastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant future

hi there

never flown before so know nothing about any airline. would be greatful for any input
We flew Cathay and arrived last week. No complaints at all. Very attentive flight staff, decent food and modern planes (at least the ones we flew on were). Don't know if you have kids, but there is plenty of in-flight entertainment to keep them amused including games on the control pad (a la Nintendo type thing) in addition to the standard video/tv fare. We stopped off in Hong-Kong for a night, and again, the staff were very helpful. They are a One World Alliance member to boot, so I was able to add points to my BA Executive Club membership.

If you are thinking of stopping over, the Regal airport Hotel in HK is attached to the airport and a safe bet.

Hope this helps; let me know if you need any more info....
Old Feb 13th 2005, 8:14 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

hi there

Have now found out why two-thirds of post disappeared. Two threads
Old Feb 13th 2005, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

jesta is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fastfunker
We flew Cathay and arrived last week. No complaints at all. Very attentive flight staff, decent food and modern planes (at least the ones we flew on were). Don't know if you have kids, but there is plenty of in-flight entertainment to keep them amused including games on the control pad (a la Nintendo type thing) in addition to the standard video/tv fare. We stopped off in Hong-Kong for a night, and again, the staff were very helpful. They are a One World Alliance member to boot, so I was able to add points to my BA Executive Club membership.

If you are thinking of stopping over, the Regal airport Hotel in HK is attached to the airport and a safe bet.

Hope this helps; let me know if you need any more info....
thanks for that i think i will go with cathay pacific the does stop in hkbut only there for six hours, would be greatful if you could recomend what to do between 17.00/ 2300 in hk. jesta
Old Feb 13th 2005, 8:31 pm
Paul, Louise, Laura & Amy

gajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Re: cthay pacific ar they any good

hi there

We flew Cathay a couple of years ago, and we very impressed with them. I like how we could prebook our seats online. We just popped into an internet cafe in Cairns the day before the flight. Fanstastic.

Very good service, and also probably one of the cheapest if not the cheapest flights to Oz.
Old Feb 13th 2005, 8:41 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for that i think i will go with cathay pacific the does stop in hkbut only there for six hours, would be greatful if you could recomend what to do between 17.00/ 2300 in hk. jesta
Hong Kong is a lovely airport - lots of shops, I acquired two carrier bags full of stuff from the Disney shop; loads of eateries of various types, free internet access. The time went very fast, and its worth the extra time spent on the journey just to fly with Cathay - they were superb.
Old Feb 13th 2005, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

tony440 is on a distinguished road

i have flown 3 times with Singapore Airlines and once with Emirates, Emirates are a poor 2nd to Singapore in my opinion. service on Singapore was better, in flight entertainment was better, i wont go with anybody else now, Singapore for me
Old Feb 13th 2005, 8:53 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tony440
i have flown 3 times with Singapore Airlines and once with Emirates, Emirates are a poor 2nd to Singapore in my opinion. service on Singapore was better, in flight entertainment was better, i wont go with anybody else now, Singapore for me
Emirates are a poor second to Korean/Aeroflot/Anybody Air in my view.............
Old Feb 13th 2005, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

tony440 is on a distinguished road

now you tell me
Old Feb 13th 2005, 9:09 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Have now found out why two-thirds of post disappeared. Two threads
And now to confuse you even more .... I've merged them into one
Old Feb 13th 2005, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Was Reading Berks. Now Palm Beach (summer bay), Sydney NSW
Ady Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really nice

Hi Guy's
Very interested to hear your views on this, visa grant permitting we are looking at leaving the end of May beginning of June. Have been checking out prices,times, etc:

Also having 2 young children what is best, direct or stopover? should we avoid a lengthy stopover or does that help?

Thanks
Ady
Old Feb 13th 2005, 9:39 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by tony440
now you tell me
I've been telling people for 4 years, most people don't agree, though I know Bundy has equally strong views on their 'efficiency'

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.