Catchment area for school in Carine

Catchment area for school in Carine

Old Nov 6th 2006, 11:23 am
vin
Just Joined

vin will become famous soon enough
Default Catchment area for school in Carine

Hi all,

I have been reading posts on the board but its the first time I am posting anything.

We plan to move to Perth sometime in January 2006 (subject to me soring out our house ready for renting and getting tenants).

We have 2 children aged 10 and 8, and have come to the conclusion that we should look at areas within catchment of Carine High (or is it Carine Secondary) as we have heard alot of good about this school. I know housing is a little more expensive in Carine (both to buy and rent) and I have also noticed that there are not many properties available to rent in Carine, so was wondering what other areas fall under the catchment.

Also any ideas what Carine is actually like to live in?

Regards

Vin
Old Nov 6th 2006, 11:42 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Catchment area for school in Carine

Originally Posted by vin
Hi all,

I have been reading posts on the board but its the first time I am posting anything.

We plan to move to Perth sometime in January 2006 (subject to me soring out our house ready for renting and getting tenants).

We have 2 children aged 10 and 8, and have come to the conclusion that we should look at areas within catchment of Carine High (or is it Carine Secondary) as we have heard alot of good about this school. I know housing is a little more expensive in Carine (both to buy and rent) and I have also noticed that there are not many properties available to rent in Carine, so was wondering what other areas fall under the catchment.

Regards

Vin

We too are very interested in Carine and are staying there in February for 16 nights. Will be able to tell you a little bit more then. We have an appointment to go a visit Carine Primary School while we are there. If you want a bit more of a natter then Pm me.

Just re read your post and looks like you will be there before we go anyway so hopefully you will be able to tell me a bit more about Carine x
Old Nov 6th 2006, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vin
Hi all,

Regards

Vin
Carine SHS takes kids from Marmion, Hillary's(?), North Beach and Waterman's Bay - may be others also.
Old Nov 6th 2006, 11:56 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vin
Hi all,

Regards

Vin
Hi there

Hopefully there is a map showing the catchment area which you can enlarge to see the catchment area. Here's a list from the school web site.

Boundaries:

North:
Warwick Road (South Side) and its extension along Clontarf St

West:
Coastline

East:
Mitchell Freeway

South:
Students living in the catchment areas of the following schools are able to enrol in any of these schools...

Carine, City Beach, Churchlands,
Hollywood, Perth Modern School,
Swanbourne Senior High Schools.

Hope this helps
Neil.
Attached Thumbnails Catchment area for school in Carine-carinemap.jpg  
Old Nov 6th 2006, 11:59 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vin
Hi all,

Regards

Vin
The map is much clearer on the web site
http://www.carinehs.wa.edu.au/rnr/Map(214K).jpg
Old Nov 6th 2006, 12:47 pm
JRB
Forum Regular

JRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to behold

Hi there, we have lived in Carine for 3 years now and it's been lovely. We have just sold our house and will be heading back to the UK. I have heard the schools are pretty good and also churchlands is meant to be good too. I have met some of the local kids who have graduated from Carine and they seem like nice kids who have gone on to Uni and seem to be socially aware too. Carine is a pretty quiet suburb only about 2 minute drive to beach and has a massive parkland (Carine open space) and also star swamp nearby. It is about 20 minutes to the city, is near 2 major shopping malls (Karrinyup, Whitfords), Hillarys etc. Carine itself has a small shopping centre with a great fruit and veg shop and is open 7 days a week. It has a kids swimming pool and I have generally felt safe and have enjoyed it here. There are loads of little parks everywhere. The only gripe I have about it is that in the St I live in there aren't any families with young kids (mine are 3 and 1), it's either retired people or people with teenage aged kids. We are heading back mainly for family reasons and just to give it a try again to see how we like the UK but if we came back we would definately consider Carine again and if we had the money I love Waterman, North Beach, Gwelup and Sorrento. I also think Suburbs similar to Carine are Woodvale, Kingsley and Duncraig seem pretty nice too. I hope you enjoy Carine. We will definately miss it here.
Old Nov 6th 2006, 12:51 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JRB
Hi there, we have lived in Carine for 3 years now and it's been lovely. We have just sold our house and will be heading back to the UK. I have heard the schools are pretty good and also churchlands is meant to be good too. I have met some of the local kids who have graduated from Carine and they seem like nice kids who have gone on to Uni and seem to be socially aware too. Carine is a pretty quiet suburb only about 2 minute drive to beach and has a massive parkland (Carine open space) and also star swamp nearby. It is about 20 minutes to the city, is near 2 major shopping malls (Karrinyup, Whitfords), Hillarys etc. Carine itself has a small shopping centre with a great fruit and veg shop and is open 7 days a week. It has a kids swimming pool and I have generally felt safe and have enjoyed it here. There are loads of little parks everywhere. The only gripe I have about it is that in the St I live in there aren't any families with young kids (mine are 3 and 1), it's either retired people or people with teenage aged kids. We are heading back mainly for family reasons and just to give it a try again to see how we like the UK but if we came back we would definately consider Carine again and if we had the money I love Waterman, North Beach, Gwelup and Sorrento. I also think Suburbs similar to Carine are Woodvale, Kingsley and Duncraig seem pretty nice too. I hope you enjoy Carine. We will definately miss it here.
Good informative post ..

We are staying in Carine in February so hopefully we can get a feel for the place....i also want to take a look at other surrounding areas...especially Doubleview.

Good luck back in the UK
Old Nov 7th 2006, 8:07 am
vin
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Issie
We too are very interested in Carine and are staying there in February for 16 nights. Will be able to tell you a little bit more then. We have an appointment to go a visit Carine Primary School while we are there. If you want a bit more of a natter then Pm me.

Just re read your post and looks like you will be there before we go anyway so hopefully you will be able to tell me a bit more about Carine x
Thanks, I will likewise keep you informed on anything I find out.
Old Nov 7th 2006, 8:09 am
vin
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JRB

Thanks, as Issie already commented; Very informative. Good luck back to UK
Old Nov 8th 2006, 3:52 am
www.perthcrest.com.au

The Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by vin
Thanks, as Issie already commented; Very informative. Good luck back to UK

Hi

We live in Carine, and absolutely love it here, it has all that was mentioned above, plus lots of trees and greenery which sometimes lacks in the newer norther suburbs. There are also loads to do sport wise - the Carine open space is packed on weekend mornings with tee-ball and cricket, plus Warick leisure centre is great for Netball and Basketball. (among others).

It has excellent rail links to the City. I am not sure of the catchment areas for Carine (our two go to Davallia primary, and are very happy there), but I do know that Carine High has a very good reputation locally.

ATB with your research

Nicola
Old Nov 8th 2006, 5:19 am
JRB
Forum Regular

JRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to behold

Forgot to mention that Carine has a great pub too. I am generally not a fan of the Aussie pubs but this one is actually nice. It has a great restaraunt at the back which has won gold plates. When my parents were over they reckon they had the best meal they have ever had!! It also has a little enclosed playground so the kids can run around and a childrens menu.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 5:37 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JRB
Forgot to mention that Carine has a great pub too. I am generally not a fan of the Aussie pubs but this one is actually nice. It has a great restaraunt at the back which has won gold plates. When my parents were over they reckon they had the best meal they have ever had!! It also has a little enclosed playground so the kids can run around and a childrens menu.

i have been in loads of times and never managed to find the playground, where is it???
Old Nov 8th 2006, 9:58 am
JRB
Forum Regular

Hi there, it's at the back - if you enter the pub through the back entrance there is a climbing frame with soft fall and generally abit of space where the kids can run around.
I think you may be the lady I met at the book club. I hope all is going well for you, it sounds like you're really enjoying life over here which is great.
We will definately miss it here and I wouldn't be surprised if we end up ping ponging back but we gotta try it!!
Old Nov 8th 2006, 10:07 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JRB
Hi there, it's at the back - if you enter the pub through the back entrance there is a climbing frame with soft fall and generally abit of space where the kids can run around.
I think you may be the lady I met at the book club. I hope all is going well for you, it sounds like you're really enjoying life over here which is great.
We will definately miss it here and I wouldn't be surprised if we end up ping ponging back but we gotta try it!!
Thanks for that, wishing you all the best in England, glad you have finally made up your mind.