Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cat Shipping - preparation

Cat Shipping - preparation

Old Feb 4th 2006, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

coffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud of
Default Cat Shipping - preparation

what do you need to get the vet to do before cats go
is it microchip and vaccine??
different shipping companies seen to offer conflicting info
thankyou
Old Feb 4th 2006, 7:59 am

Shelley29 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cat Shipping - preparation

Originally Posted by coffeebean
thankyou
I can't help you, but I am also confused about this. Had our cat microchipped by our vet this week. Have to now fill in a form to get his details on the data base. However, what address do you put on it if you don't plan to be there next month?

Also, confusing, is whether your own vet can do the vaccines or you have to take them to a DEFA specified vet (like you can't go to your own doctor for your meds). Air Pets who have quoted me, don't do the vaccines.

I would be interested to know if anyone can help too.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

I found this on the AQIS website it should answer some of your questions at least.

I have only looked into doing it the other way round so I'm afraid I can't really answer any questions.

Good luck
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
infosh2.pdf (201.8 KB, 128 views)
Old Feb 4th 2006, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

AnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Cat Shipping - preparation

Hi

Cats need vaccinating against cat flu (triple) and chipped.
Both of these can be done by your vet.

They also need a signed health declaration (get form from DEFRA) and this has to be signed by a government Vet.

Within 4 days of travelling they will need Vet Certificate A signed by Government vet and specific treatment for worms and ticks.
Then on the day they travel they will need vet certificate B again signed by a government vet. The A&B certifcates can be done at the same time.

To apply for the permit to import from AQIS you need to provide an Australian address so I suggest speaking to a pet shipping agent for that.

HTH

AnitaB
Old Feb 4th 2006, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond repute

thankyou
We will be using Golden Arrow shippers for our cat.
She already has a microchip, i just have to get her vaccinated, give the shipper both certificates and he does the rest, export licence, deflea, checked by a vet, arrange quarantine booking and take them the airport to.

Hope this is helpful

Ali
Old Feb 4th 2006, 12:59 pm
Tiny Member

tucs is on a distinguished road

microchip you pussy? :scared:

Originally Posted by Alison1967
We will be using Golden Arrow shippers for our cat.
She already has a microchip, i just have to get her vaccinated, give the shipper both certificates and he does the rest, export licence, deflea, checked by a vet, arrange quarantine booking and take them the airport to.

Hope this is helpful

Ali
Old Feb 4th 2006, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tucs
microchip you pussy? :scared:

PSML

Ali
Old Feb 4th 2006, 4:13 pm
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: Cat Shipping - preparation

I would check with your vet if he is a registered DEFRA Vet. If not, he will probably be able to tell you which local vet is. Alternatively ring DEFRA, they are very helpful and will be able to tell you who our local DEFRA Vet is.

To reduce your cats stress put him/her in the sky kennel for an increasingly longer period each day to get him/her used to it. It can be a very trumatic experience otherwise. for We did this with our cat & dog who travelled to the U.A.E. with no problems what so ever but that was a shorter journey.

Hope everything goes well!

Originally Posted by Shelley29
I can't help you, but I am also confused about this. Had our cat microchipped by our vet this week. Have to now fill in a form to get his details on the data base. However, what address do you put on it if you don't plan to be there next month?

Also, confusing, is whether your own vet can do the vaccines or you have to take them to a DEFA specified vet (like you can't go to your own doctor for your meds). Air Pets who have quoted me, don't do the vaccines.

I would be interested to know if anyone can help too.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

Graham67 is on a distinguished road

Don't think cats are too welcome in Oz. Being a cat owner I can understand why. Our cat frequently brings little presents home. This is a natural thing I guess to say thanks for their love/care. But from the Oz point of view their wildlife has been almost destroyed by introduced animals such as cats, dogs, bunnies, cane toads etc. As cat lover I will be re-homing my Tom cat in the UK. I believe in some states they will shoot a cat out after a certain time at night??? I may be wrong, picked the info off this site when I was making a decision around our cat. I would love to take our cat and at the moment feeling rather guilty at leaving him behind. Have you had a quote yet for transportation we were quoted just under £1000.00 which I think is a disgrace when you look at the cost of one way air fare for an adult to fly to Oz. Think you need a passport as such from somewhere in Canberra, your vet should be able to give you the phone number. Ours did. Good luck with your decision.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 4:44 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

We are using Golden Arrow Shippers who are based in Shropshire tel No: 01588 680240 if you give them a ring they will send you a free quote and all the info you need.

I am taking my dog and cat ... the cat is the easier of the two as only needs Flu & Enteritis course or booster (if up to date already) & Microchip but does not need blood testing.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

coffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud of

do you mind me asking how much it is costing ??
thankyou
Old Feb 4th 2006, 4:55 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

do you mind me asking how much it is costing ??
thankyou
For the dog & cat it is £1700. There will also be a bill from the quarantine station that has to be paid when the animals are released.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 5:08 pm
heading for perth

VanceeOz has a spectacular aura aboutVanceeOz has a spectacular aura aboutVanceeOz has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by sel
For the dog & cat it is £1700. There will also be a bill from the quarantine station that has to be paid when the animals are released.
Eek
Old Feb 4th 2006, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

nomayaja has a spectacular aura aboutnomayaja has a spectacular aura aboutnomayaja has a spectacular aura about

I live in France so can't help you with the costs involved with flying your cat over from the UK but the cheapest quote I found from here was with Malaysian Airlines (615 Euros). The first quote I got from another airline was 1600 Euros Big difference. Shop around!

Good luck.
Marina x
Old Feb 5th 2006, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

Thanks to all
will ring vet on Monday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.