Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Castle hill / Baulkham hill - your experience?

Castle hill / Baulkham hill - your experience?

Old Feb 15th 2009, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Barbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Castle hill / Baulkham hill - your experience?

Hi folks,
We're moving to either Castle hill or Baulkham hill (just to get a bigger palce) and would like to know your experiences on these suburbs.

First off, what's the easiest (fastest and cheapest!) way to get to my work (company of course still is based in Chatswood!).

Any reasons to avoid these areas? pros and cons?

Cheers,
K.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 8:11 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Castle hill / Baulkham hill - your experience?

Castle Hill is generally nice, but has a commuting problem to the City, unless it has changed recently.

We have friends who lived there, but moved to St Leonards to avoid the commute.

Old Feb 15th 2009, 9:35 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Castle Hill is generally nice, but has a commuting problem to the City, unless it has changed recently.

We have friends who lived there, but moved to St Leonards to avoid the commute.
Everyone I speak to say it is getting worse. The LCT helped a lot but also added $$$ to the trip. The place is not for everyone.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Katherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really nice

suburbs are nice family suburbs with lots going on -- but your commute will be horrible!
Old Feb 15th 2009, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Barbitana
Hi folks,
We're moving to either Castle hill or Baulkham hill (just to get a bigger palce) and would like to know your experiences on these suburbs.

First off, what's the easiest (fastest and cheapest!) way to get to my work (company of course still is based in Chatswood!).

Any reasons to avoid these areas? pros and cons?

Cheers,
K.
The Hillls is good area...... its sort of where the bush meets the city. I moved here recently myself since my GF grew up around here.... I live near the B'Hills Junction.

Castle Towers is a great shopping centre I met my old mate Brian McFadden there at Christmas he was out doing a spot of shopping with Delta....he had never met me before but that did'nt stop me from trying to talk him into going to the pub (Usual Irish thing).

Castlehill is quite a nice place most people are from Anglo-Celtic background Australians and are down to earth......... The Hawkesbury is about 15 min drive and you also have the new Rouse Hill shopping town 15 mins away nice fresh and new.

The M2 is a bit of a nightmare but so is everywhere else....if you are going Chatswood I would recomend going the Pacific Hwy through Pymble and avoid the Tolls