Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cash in hand jobs?

Cash in hand jobs?

Old Apr 27th 2011, 6:15 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cash in hand jobs?

Originally Posted by bcworld
You know...I was just looking at the title of this thread and can't believe none of the BE Finbar Saunders brigade have been along yet!

Spartacus...where are you???
I am Spartacus!

You know the rules, a bit of factual info first, then some moral high-grounding followed by the humour section before it inevitably drifts off-topic.

Do keep up
Old Apr 27th 2011, 6:16 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
I am Spartacus!
You were next on the list!
Old Apr 27th 2011, 6:52 am

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bcworld
You know...I was just looking at the title of this thread and can't believe none of the BE Finbar Saunders brigade have been along yet!

Spartacus...where are you???
I'm going to have to get some glasses,I thought it said cash for hand jobs.
I've got a bit of spare time and thought...well...moving on.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 6:58 am
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukecadet
I'm going to have to get some glasses,I thought it said cash for hand jobs.
I've got a bit of spare time and thought...well...moving on.
No thats Turban Exploder. she is struggling to maintain the Monte Carlo lifestyle in Cairns.....
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 5:09 pm
Just Joined

gigio is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by man_called_Horse
Its also very easy to get caught, with the economic situation in UK & Ireland some lads were coming out on tourist visas and trying to get cash in hand.

Few friends of mine who work in construction as tradesmen are saying these guys are willing to work for a lot less than the usual rate, but they will probably get caught because the legitimate worker is prepared to preserve the pay rates and dob them in.

btw that figure of 1/2 million is a slight exaggeration the real figure is about 50,000.

Fact Sheet 87
Hi why do you say that if you are caught you will never have the chance to get a work visa in Australia? After the three year ban is over, on which grounds do they refuse the Visa? I'm asking that because I want to apply for a Sponsored Visa by Australian Employer, but I have had a Visa cancelled because when I arrived at the airport the DIAC officer suspected that I was working illigally.. so I have the 3yrs ban, but after that? Why not? The cancellation was made because they were satisfied that the conditions for granting the visitor visa didn't exist anymore, but not because I was caught workign.. byr thanxs xxx
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 10:21 pm
Excessively Diverted

Luthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
I am Spartacus!

You know the rules, a bit of factual info first, then some moral high-grounding followed by the humour section before it inevitably drifts off-topic.

Do keep up
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 10:38 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gigio
Hi why do you say that if you are caught you will never have the chance to get a work visa in Australia? After the three year ban is over, on which grounds do they refuse the Visa? I'm asking that because I want to apply for a Sponsored Visa by Australian Employer, but I have had a Visa cancelled because when I arrived at the airport the DIAC officer suspected that I was working illigally.. so I have the 3yrs ban, but after that? Why not? The cancellation was made because they were satisfied that the conditions for granting the visitor visa didn't exist anymore, but not because I was caught workign.. byr thanxs xxx
The only person who can tell you if the ban will be overturned is your CO. I suggest you stick to getting answers in your other thread as this is a very old thread and is about a very different scenario from yours.