case officers

Old Mar 10th 2004, 11:53 pm
Next stop Gold coast

plumber is an unknown quantity at this point
Default case officers

Has anyone sent their case officers an email and received a reply.

Just asking the question , because after reading several post's , which say that they've never had their emails answered , wondering if it's worth me sending one to mine.

all the best plum
Old Mar 11th 2004, 12:28 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: case officers

Originally posted by plumber

Just asking the question , because after reading several post's , which say that they've never had their emails answered , wondering if it's worth me sending one to mine.

all the best plum
We had two experiences.

For our first application, to London, we had changes of case officer as often as I change my knickers. (<Space for jokes.....> Emails mostly went unanswered.

For our second application, to Perth, we had but one case officer who was fantastic: answered by return and helped us through several crises. Quite a few long phone calls too. Obviously, if they got calls/emails all the time their jobs would be impossible, but it is possible to sort out the usual cockups quite quickly that way.

I guess it all comes down to who you have and how busy they are, but serious questions should be answered - after all, you are paying and it is a life-changing process!
Old Mar 11th 2004, 7:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Plumb,

I reckon it is based on a number of factors

1) Whether he/she is a miserable git or not
2) Whether he/she has had sex the night before
3) Whether they can be arsed or not

Cynical old me
Old Mar 11th 2004, 10:52 am
So Happy We could Dance

rob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to all

We telephoned the main number and asked if it was appropriate to email our case officer. The answer was yes and so we told them that ASPC had agreed it was appropriate for us to email them with our questions. They replied within 12 hours which isn't too bad. Another way is to ensure that the title of the email is something they will open e.g. ' in response to our telephone call 25/10/03'. I do agree that it is pot luck though as i had one bloke who was so rude it rendered me speechless. However i remembered his name, rang back and told the next operator that he was rude, had no interpersonal skills and increased the stress already put upon us. Immediate apology and more helpful than they ahve ever been!
Old Mar 11th 2004, 11:12 am
Next stop Gold coast

Tried to contact case officer by phone ,last couple of night's, not much luck!

Sent email last night , just before coco and slipper's , no reply this morning.

Hopefully get a reply tonight!

all the best plum
Old Mar 11th 2004, 11:30 am
oozie04

Originally posted by Billabong
Plumb,

I reckon it is based on a number of factors

1) Whether he/she is a miserable git or not
2) Whether he/she has had sex the night before
3) Whether they can be arsed or not

Cynical old me
Hello,

This one seems to be the best answer.

Regards

ozzie04

Old Mar 11th 2004, 11:35 am
Next stop Gold coast

maybe right!

all the best plum

Last edited by plumber; Mar 11th 2004 at 12:29 pm.
Old Mar 11th 2004, 12:06 pm
So Happy We could Dance

rob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to all

maybe right!

Has anyone else deal with case officer..... Serena Racar?

all the best plum
Not a good idea to mention case officer names. We did when we were high with excitement and got a bit of a pasting! Can understand why though.
Old Mar 11th 2004, 12:52 pm
earlswood

maybe right!

all the best plum

Calm down Plum old mate, I read a post yesterday saying time from meds to visa about 6 weeks.

Now if you like you can borrow my Susan Jeffers book: "Embracing Uncertainty"

It's working better than the JD and Coke and I don't get a hangover!!!

Anita x

Old Mar 11th 2004, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

ace ventura is an unknown quantity at this point

all the best plum
Hey plum,

I emailed my c/o several times and there's one thing i'll say about her she was consistent............

.........................In the fact that she never answered one of them
Old Mar 11th 2004, 1:34 pm
Next stop Gold coast

I know patients is a vertu.........
Old Mar 11th 2004, 1:34 pm
I never gave up trying

gunnercaz is on a distinguished road
Angry Re: case officers??

Sorry to be dumb...but how do you get located a case officer? I sent my application(skill ind 136) and got a nice 'standard' letter from DIMMIA saying it would take 50 weeks to process and not to contact them(Nov 2003).
Are you informed of a case officer(email/letter?) when they begin to process your application?
Old Mar 11th 2004, 1:35 pm
Next stop Gold coast

correct!
Old Mar 11th 2004, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

COSTY is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Plummer
I put a similar post on here because i had been ringing and leaving several messages for over two weeks as well as sending
an email with no reply. She eventually rang me...i think to stop me bombarding her with messages!!!! she said that they do not
normally reply to calls but has made an exception this time.
She was really nice when i did get to speak with her.
It seems they will call if they see it as important. It really annoyed me because we have actually paid for there services..and if she had not of called i would not have known what information she had required of me.
good luck
Old Mar 11th 2004, 2:03 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

This lack of contact is quite a significant matter.

Because we had such good help from our case officer in Perth we wrote to the Officer in Charge asking him/her to pass on our appreciation, and saying how much we had been assisted.

I also took the opportunity of saying how many people had been frustrated by the lack of information about progress and gave this forum as evidence.

I suggested that it would help them as well as the applicants if DIMIA put aside a part of their site so that applicants could log on with, say, their name and case number and get a stage by stage progress report.

It would help them because it would stop applicants repeatedly trying to contact them just for reassurance.

I'll let y'all know if I get a reply!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.