Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

case officer resigned ! (honest)

case officer resigned ! (honest)

Old Jan 25th 2005, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

of2oz is on a distinguished road
Default case officer resigned ! (honest)

i can,t believe our bad luck, we are emigrating on an employer nominated visa so are on a tight timeline , have had ups and downs ierobs with house sale , husband going cat b on medicals , dr sending meds and x-rays off without case number ,missing paperwork etc and today to top it all off an e-mail was returned to us (sent last week) saying that our case officer has resigned :scared: and we will be assigned another officer soon , is there anything else that could stress us out or hold us up !we will be hitting they red wine tonight i can tell you, anyone else had this happen to them and how long do you think it will hold us up, i am due to start work beggining of march but have to fly out to oz for two weeks tommorow to see employer and sort out a few things then come back and finnish off things here (that was the plan anyway), can it get any more stressfull, now where did i put that corkscrew !,
steve and family
Old Jan 25th 2005, 6:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future
Default Re: case officer resigned ! (honest)

Dont panic..we had the same thing happen to us about 6 weeks before the end of the process... to be hoest i think the new person speeded things up as she was far more keen in her new job!!
Old Jan 25th 2005, 6:58 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by podgypossum
Dont panic..we had the same thing happen to us about 6 weeks before the end of the process... to be hoest i think the new person speeded things up as she was far more keen in her new job!!
One positive response from podgypossum and some karma from me!

You'll get there! Have a nice drink!

Binbird
Old Jan 25th 2005, 7:00 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully you're new one will be much better. Karma from me too.
Marie
Old Jan 25th 2005, 7:02 pm
Living the Dream

RockHopper has a brilliant futureRockHopper has a brilliant futureRockHopper has a brilliant futureRockHopper has a brilliant futureRockHopper has a brilliant futureRockHopper has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by of2oz
i can,t believe our bad luck, we are emigrating on an employer nominated visa so are on a tight timeline , have had ups and downs ierobs with house sale , husband going cat b on medicals , dr sending meds and x-rays off without case number ,missing paperwork etc and today to top it all off an e-mail was returned to us (sent last week) saying that our case officer has resigned :scared: and we will be assigned another officer soon , is there anything else that could stress us out or hold us up !we will be hitting they red wine tonight i can tell you, anyone else had this happen to them and how long do you think it will hold us up, i am due to start work beggining of march but have to fly out to oz for two weeks tommorow to see employer and sort out a few things then come back and finnish off things here (that was the plan anyway), can it get any more stressfull, now where did i put that corkscrew !,
steve and family
Hi Steve

Sorry to hear about the bad news, Hope they get things sorted quick. This has now got us worried as we are also hoping to go across on an employer sponsored Visa. Meds went to London on 20 Jan 04, so was hoping we might hear something soon, just hope it's not the same news as you have just received. Could you PM me with the name of your Case Officer and wonder when you were expecting to get your Visa.

Regards

Steve B
Old Jan 25th 2005, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

of2oz is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by RockHopper
Hi Steve

Sorry to hear about the bad news, Hope they get things sorted quick. This has now got us worried as we are also hoping to go across on an employer sponsored Visa. Meds went to London on 20 Jan 04, so was hoping we might hear something soon, just hope it's not the same news as you have just received. Could you PM me with the name of your Case Officer and wonder when you were expecting to get your Visa.

Regards

Steve B
Thanks for all the kind words, getting the wine chilled now!!!!