Cars cars cars

Old Jun 8th 2003, 12:26 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of
Default Cars cars cars

Just wondering what everyone intends to do about cars in oz?

Are you going to buy straight away, or lease/rent until you have work? How much do you intend to spend initially?

We have a 23 yr old honda civic in Adelaide that we are going to sell when we get over there...been told its worth about 500 bucks!!! I was surprised we would get that...We did 11k k's in it when last there 2 years ago (all in 2 months!) and the car was..shall we say..entertaining, on the trip!

My current trail of thought is to buy somthing like an old corolla (95 models go for about 10k) and part ex that in against somthing a bit newer when weve both got work...
Old Jun 8th 2003, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

The Clarkes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cars cars cars

Hi Pete, we'll buy something soon as poss, no point wasting good money on rental we'll probably do what you intend to, buy a cheaper but decent car and trade in for a good one once jobs etc are established, fingers crossed!
Probably look for something with room like a station wagon with air-con, Holdens (vauxhalls) are pretty decent,cheap and easy to come by, we had one when we were last there, wasnt classy but went from a to b!!

Goodluck,
t.c