Cars !!!

Old Jul 28th 2007, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

Pat14 is on a distinguished road
Default Cars !!!

Anybody out there know how easy it is to take your car with you to oz and what costs are involved? As i dont want to really sell my pride and joy but if its going to cause to much hassel then i will have to let it go. Cheers
Old Jul 28th 2007, 8:43 am
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Cars !!!

Originally Posted by Pat14
Anybody out there know how easy it is to take your car with you to oz and what costs are involved? As i dont want to really sell my pride and joy but if its going to cause to much hassel then i will have to let it go. Cheers
sell it

do a search mate , once such question was asked this week & many times before & in some depth .

unless is something very special , its not worth it .
Old Jul 28th 2007, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

That will make the wife happy lol ,thanks for that i shall have a look
Old Jul 28th 2007, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pat14
That will make the wife happy lol ,thanks for that i shall have a look
I can confirm that. We looked at taking both car and O/H motor bike and it's just not worth it.

First off it takes up to 3 months to get there so what do you do in the mean time - a hire car for 3 months - better things to spend money on.

Trying to sell import is apparently a nightmare over there.

If customs want they can insist on it be power washed and will charge you 400 dollars for the privalege (can't spell) of doing it. Would you seriously want to let them lose with a power hose on your baby.

Not like bringing one into another european country - you need permission from the ozzies BEFORE you import.

All in all the expense isn't worth it. Have a look at this for all the hoops you have to jump through.

http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page.cfm?u=4371

Just copy and paste if the link doesn't work - I'm not really good at copying links for some reason.

Trish
Old Jul 28th 2007, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

Thanks that seems to be the vibe, so it looks like im off to the dealer today and see what they offer me for it. Cheers
Old Jul 29th 2007, 10:16 pm
Just Joined

Andrew Crown is an unknown quantity at this point

It Depends on how much you like your car.
I shipped mine for a temporary stay. I think all in it was around 2500 pounds. There is an advantage in that you can fill the car with all your belongings.
Allow another three weeks when it arrives for "quarantine" and yes they will steam clean it at ridiculous rates.
If you are bringing it in permanently then there are some nasty tax implications.
I bought a temporary car for a few months until it arrived, then sold it at a profit.
There are some great cars available here in Australia, part of the fun.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for information Andrew, having spoken to the wife it looks like the car wont be comming with us just waiting for the right price to let it go
Old Aug 1st 2007, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

I would love to take my car with me, but it isn't a viable option, unless you plan on keeping it forever. Many cars we have in this country, aren't available in oz, so selling it on would be a pain.

Luckily the car I have, I know was sold in oz, whether or not I can find on though is another matter.