Cars

Old Sep 17th 2006, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

KingKenny7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cars

Hello All, hope you are all well, Can anyone tell me if they took a car over with them or bought one when they got to Aus ? Does anyone know the pro's and cons ??

Thanks
Old Sep 17th 2006, 4:38 pm
brown eyes!

pete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Cars

Originally Posted by KingKenny7
Hello All, hope you are all well, Can anyone tell me if they took a car over with them or bought one when they got to Aus ? Does anyone know the pro's and cons ??

Thanks
Hi, we looked into it and think it was about £1500 you also have to have the car very clean and I think they said that it had to be sprayed with chemicals when it got there. After all that you have a car thats got MPH on the clock and you will be in KM! Unless its a rare car or something special to you I wouldnt bother myself. We love our GTI but at the end of the day you are having a new start so may as well have a new car aswell!!!! Someone on here must have imported one! Pete
Old Sep 17th 2006, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pete jackson
Hi, we looked into it and think it was about £1500 you also have to have the car very clean and I think they said that it had to be sprayed with chemicals when it got there. After all that you have a car thats got MPH on the clock and you will be in KM! Unless its a rare car or something special to you I wouldnt bother myself. We love our GTI but at the end of the day you are having a new start so may as well have a new car aswell!!!! Someone on here must have imported one! Pete
Thanks Pete, just looking at the prices over there compared to here.
Old Sep 17th 2006, 6:44 pm
brown eyes!

pete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Pete, just looking at the prices over there compared to here.
Try www.autotrader.com.au , carguide.com.au , www.carsales.com.au , and www.carpoint.com.au , all good sites to look at cars new and second hand. Hope they help. Pete
Old Sep 17th 2006, 7:01 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

www.redbook.com.au
All you need to know...........mm
Old Sep 17th 2006, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

Newbie_Al has a brilliant futureNewbie_Al has a brilliant futureNewbie_Al has a brilliant futureNewbie_Al has a brilliant futureNewbie_Al has a brilliant futureNewbie_Al has a brilliant futureNewbie_Al has a brilliant future

Thanks
Consider carefully. It was classed as an import (higher insurance and worse resale). But if think you would still want to refer to theses sites re costs and information.
http://www.carshippingtoaustralia.co...australia.html
http://www.carshippingtoaustralia.co...a/WebCalcs.xls

good luck.
kind regards
Alan
Old Sep 17th 2006, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

All my Aus family tend to only buy new cars, as 2nd hand ones don't depreciate as much as in UK, so getting car with 3 year warranty that can be sold on at a decent price after a few years seems the way to go!
Old Sep 19th 2006, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

Wink Re: Cars

Thanks to all above for your help and advice as usual.
Old Sep 19th 2006, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Pro: if you're emotionally attached to your car
Con: It's a con (use the search function...there's loads of info on it)

PG