Wikiposts

Cars

Old Jul 9th 2004, 7:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

I have also been in contact with some dealers on the Gold Coast as we are looking to buy a people carrier. We feel that we would need this as we are expecting a lot of visitors

They have offered us some good deals on Kia Carnivals. A new one was only $3k more than a year old model with 22000 km on the clock.

We will be setting up a company though and I was wondering if there would be any benefits purchasing it through the company.
Old Jul 9th 2004, 7:36 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

There is an RAC in each state - they are all separate but have a reciprocal agreement so they will help you out no matter which one you are a member of.
RACQ (Queensland) will do inspections on cars before you buy them, either from dealers or privately, as well as the Safety cert who have to have before you sell a car.Best thing is to look through the site for the state you are going to. Most of the organisations will respond to e-mails too, about importing, buying, inspections whatever, just say you are a member of RAC/AA in the UK and they'll send you all the info. (if you write to Tech Advice at RACQ, I shall expect you to say hi to me!!)

www.racq.com.au
www.nrma.com.au (New South Wales)
www.raa.com.au (S Aus)
www.ract.com.au (Tas)
www.racv.com.au (Vic)
www.racwa.com.au (WA)
www.aant.com.au (NT)
Old Jul 10th 2004, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

graham__smith has a spectacular aura aboutgraham__smith has a spectacular aura aboutgraham__smith has a spectacular aura about

Also with bugetinsurance.com.au your UK no claims bonus counts as well. So maximum no claims in UK=Rating 1 in OZ.

Maxpaxx did you get to chose any colour for your echo?
We have bought a new 5 door Echo from Melville Toyota to be picked up when we arrive in August.
We were told the only colours available were mettalic blue, pewter, red and white. Not sure if the limited choice was due to what Melville have in stock or if it was Toyota.
Old Jul 10th 2004, 8:55 am

maxpaxx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by graham__smith
Also with bugetinsurance.com.au your UK no claims bonus counts as well. So maximum no claims in UK=Rating 1 in OZ.

Maxpaxx did you get to chose any colour for your echo?
We have bought a new 5 door Echo from Melville Toyota to be picked up when we arrive in August.
We were told the only colours available were mettalic blue, pewter, red and white. Not sure if the limited choice was due to what Melville have in stock or if it was Toyota.
Hi Gra,

Just checked my email - White, cascade blue, blue mystique, silver, red, pewter. I ordered from Melville in June.

I am getting blue mystique as I think (hope!) it's the same as ice blue here!!

Not a great choice but the choice seemed crap here too when I went to the garage.

Did you get this after the post about me an Go Bananas getting one or is it a coincidence?

BTW what did you go for colour wise?

Max
Old Jul 10th 2004, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

graham__smith has a spectacular aura aboutgraham__smith has a spectacular aura aboutgraham__smith has a spectacular aura about

Hi Max

Just coincidence.
Had read about discountnewcars on here but didnt know anyone had ordered.
I asked for blue mystique but was told that all that was available in WA at the moment was cascade blue, pewter red or white.
Went for pewter pick it up on 13th of August.
We ordered at the end of june, maybe they are selling their own stock and thats why I got a more limited choice.

I had a blue mystique echo from hertz when I was in Perth in January.
Im sure its the same as Ice Blue. A sort of light blue/silver metallic its a nice colour.
As far as I can tell Pewter is the same as Thunder Grey(UK)

Are you getting a sportivo?
Were getting the 5 door hatch?

Maybe we can set up a pom/expats/echo owners club.

cheers
Graham
Old Jul 10th 2004, 10:08 am

maxpaxx is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Max

Just coincidence.
Had read about discountnewcars on here but didnt know anyone had ordered.
I asked for blue mystique but was told that all that was available in WA at the moment was cascade blue, pewter red or white.
Went for pewter pick it up on 13th of August.
We ordered at the end of june, maybe they are selling their own stock and thats why I got a more limited choice.

I had a blue mystique echo from hertz when I was in Perth in January.
Im sure its the same as Ice Blue. A sort of light blue/silver metallic its a nice colour.
As far as I can tell Pewter is the same as Thunder Grey(UK)

Are you getting a sportivo?
Were getting the 5 door hatch?

Maybe we can set up a pom/expats/echo owners club.

cheers
Graham
Hiya,

I like that colour. Guess I was lucky with the blue then.

I am getting the 5 door with the sportivo kit on it. Couldn't go for the 2 door with the kids.

Ed has to buy or lease a company car too so we may try to get a deal with them for that if he decides on a toyota. I thought they were really easy to deal with.

Did you find the Echo exactly the same to drive as over here?

Max
Old Jul 10th 2004, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

Hi max

Tried to PM you
not sure if it worked as i havent used it before.
Old Jul 10th 2004, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

Max

Havent driven a yaris. The handling on the echo is fine.
The fuel economy is great.
Our salesman was Domenic Morfea is he yours?

Not sure how to work with private messaging, I thought it let you chat in realtime with other forum members.

cheers
Graham
Old Jul 10th 2004, 10:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I had maximum no claims bonus till my car was stolen last week

They should differentiate between bad drivers having accidents, and unlucky sods having their cars nicked from the car park beside the police station.

I've never had an accident! Yet because some thugs nicked my car, I lose my no claims bonus, and every insurer in Oz is gonna think I'm a Mr Magoo.

Great

JTL
Old Jul 10th 2004, 11:12 pm
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by GengaKev
Toyota RAV4- Felt that I'd get stopped at traffic lights, people asking for a demi-wave or tints.
Got to get me one of those then, having reluctantly parted with my MX-5 (sob).