Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Carpet Stain removal

Carpet Stain removal

Old Aug 23rd 2005, 7:49 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Carpet Stain removal

Help!!! My son has a drum kit and one of the pedals has made a horrid black mark on the BEIGE carpet!!!! I don't know if its rubber or oil :scared:

We have our 3 month inspection tomorrow....although we've been here for 4 months (think they forgot us....like they forgot to do a checklist when we moved in )...while they're here I'm leaving the pedal where it is so it can't be seen!!!

Does anyone have any good tips on what products are good here for removing stains on carpets???
Old Aug 24th 2005, 4:17 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Carpet Stain removal

No-one?

Hmm it seems I may then have to just go through all of them in turn....trial and error so to speak to find which are gonna make it worse and which may fix
Old Aug 24th 2005, 4:45 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by artep
No-one?

Hmm it seems I may then have to just go through all of them in turn....trial and error so to speak to find which are gonna make it worse and which may fix

Depending on the size of the stain, find some carpet in a hidden spot, like the bottom of a cupboard. Cut it out and then cut out the stained bit and replace it with the fresh bit of carpet.

Have done that loads in rentals in Oz throughout the years and never had ane problems.

Or you could just wait until you move out and hope the carpet cleaner will be able to get rid of the mark.

Good luck,

Helen
Old Aug 24th 2005, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

rancid has a brilliant futurerancid has a brilliant futurerancid has a brilliant futurerancid has a brilliant futurerancid has a brilliant futurerancid has a brilliant futurerancid has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Hels
Depending on the size of the stain, find some carpet in a hidden spot, like the bottom of a cupboard. Cut it out and then cut out the stained bit and replace it with the fresh bit of carpet.

Have done that loads in rentals in Oz throughout the years and never had ane problems.

Or you could just wait until you move out and hope the carpet cleaner will be able to get rid of the mark.

Good luck,

Helen
or just leave the drum kit where it is and worry about it when you have more time! :scared:
Old Aug 24th 2005, 6:26 am
Forum Regular

aussiesoon will become famous soon enough

We just put a rug over the honey stain. Mind you, if anyone actually knows how to remove it from a carpet, that would be even better!
Old Aug 24th 2005, 6:33 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by artep
Help!!! My son has a drum kit and one of the pedals has made a horrid black mark on the BEIGE carpet!!!! I don't know if its rubber or oil :scared:

We have our 3 month inspection tomorrow....although we've been here for 4 months (think they forgot us....like they forgot to do a checklist when we moved in )...while they're here I'm leaving the pedal where it is so it can't be seen!!!

Does anyone have any good tips on what products are good here for removing stains on carpets???
Is this any help? Drop down menu for different stains.

http://www.drclean.co.uk/surgery_sta...s_carpets1.asp

HTH.

Sue
Old Aug 24th 2005, 6:34 am
ABCDiamond

Removing stains from WOOL Carpets
http://www.carpetdealers.com.au/carp...in_removal.htm

other carpet stain info
http://www.fabriclink.com/carpet/carpetstain.html

Old Aug 24th 2005, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by Bella Donna

HTH.

Sue
http://www.carpetinfo.co.uk/pages/aboutpp/cleaning.htm

Might be of use too?
Old Aug 24th 2005, 6:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bella Donna

HTH.

Sue
not sure what happened there...but puter got stuck in a loop and I had about 15 windows open for that website! never mind...anyone know a good way to get cat sick stains out of a carpet!!!???? moving outta the rental soon, and our Mischief's a bit of a 'gobbler'/'purger'!
Old Aug 25th 2005, 8:09 am
....is FAB

Thanks to all of you for your replies!!!! I have put all those sites in my favs to look at this evening.

For the inspection we just covered the mark with the pedal again!!

Thanks again everyone.....karma on its way to y'all if it lets me!!

Petra
Old Aug 25th 2005, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by logan
not sure what happened there...but puter got stuck in a loop and I had about 15 windows open for that website! never mind...anyone know a good way to get cat sick stains out of a carpet!!!???? moving outta the rental soon, and our Mischief's a bit of a 'gobbler'/'purger'!
Have you tried plain soda water? I find that if I treat vomit (or urine) stains swiftly with soda water they lift immediately, plus it removes the smell. If they're old stains they might not lift, but it's worth a try. Our Rusty is also a bit of a gobbler/purger. I thought we had the only one!!!

Sue
Old Aug 25th 2005, 10:08 am

Well that answers the question about the google ads. Having mentioned urine stains, there is now an ad for *UrineOff*!!
Old Aug 25th 2005, 12:02 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute

Not nice I know, but my 2 year old being potty trained and having done so exceptionally well obviously had a moment of lapse and left a rather large slightly runny parcel on the bedroom floor, cream carpet, having scrubbed and scrubbed still leaving very obvious what it is mark, any clues, have looked at websites offered above and none seem to offer the solution for "plop plop" as my darling son calls it!!

Any help very gratefully received as husband is still heading towards Mars like a rocket as carpet only laid 2 months ago!!!

Old Aug 25th 2005, 12:33 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Carpet Stain removal

OK, here's a challenge for ya: that nasty black stuff from the inside of an alkaline battery. :scared:

Accidently whacked a couple in the charger (having mistaken them for my NiCads) and they blew up a few hours later, scattering black powdery stuff all over the shop which proved impossible to vaccum up.

Any ideas?
Old Aug 25th 2005, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by toon williams
Not nice I know, but my 2 year old being potty trained and having done so exceptionally well obviously had a moment of lapse and left a rather large slightly runny parcel on the bedroom floor, cream carpet, having scrubbed and scrubbed still leaving very obvious what it is mark, any clues, have looked at websites offered above and none seem to offer the solution for "plop plop" as my darling son calls it!!

Any help very gratefully received as husband is still heading towards Mars like a rocket as carpet only laid 2 months ago!!!

I've had a look around my usual sites for info like this. They don't seem too fond of talking about faeces! I shall be glad when I get all my books back!

Have a look at http://www.drclean.co.uk/Retail_DrClean/StainSort2.asp. Given that all the proprietary cleaners I've found appear to use the same solution for urine and faeces, I think this would work. Certainly the vinegar (blessed stuff!) should do some good, and the hydrogen peroxide should lift it if all else fails. Do test it on an inconspicuous bit though first.

I see on that page above, they recommend rust remover - neat lemon juice is brilliant for removing rust... Maybe try if all else fails?

Good luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.