carpentry tools

Old Mar 9th 2006, 5:10 pm
ASHO

ASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really nice
Default carpentry tools

Hi all, my friend has just got the go ahead he will be heading for Perth in a few months and he was wondering if his power tools was worth taking (240volt) and just change the plugs?Also will his 110v work out there?is it the case of changing the plugs????Are power tools expencive in oz

Last edited by ASHO; Mar 9th 2006 at 5:15 pm.
Old Mar 10th 2006, 5:41 am
Feathered Member

Budgie has a brilliant futureBudgie has a brilliant futureBudgie has a brilliant futureBudgie has a brilliant futureBudgie has a brilliant futureBudgie has a brilliant future
Default Re: carpentry tools

Originally Posted by ASHO
Hi all, my friend has just got the go ahead he will be heading for Perth in a few months and he was wondering if his power tools was worth taking (240volt) and just change the plugs?Also will his 110v work out there?is it the case of changing the plugs????Are power tools expencive in oz
Yep they work over here. Definitely take the tools, I'm glad I brought mine! Don't bother changing the plugs, just get an $8 adaptor (digitor do a good one). Tools are'nt all that expensive over here if you are converting pounds - but why bother buying new ones if they work, and they won't take up much space in your friends container or bags!
Old Mar 10th 2006, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

angela&rob is a jewel in the roughangela&rob is a jewel in the roughangela&rob is a jewel in the roughangela&rob is a jewel in the roughangela&rob is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: carpentry tools

take the 240v and sell the 110v ones. 110v tools can be used but need to be tagged and most use 240v. Saves lugging about a transformer and the unions may get a bit funny with you if they see you using 110 tools. Blah blah blah.