Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Carpenters in Perth

Carpenters in Perth

Old Apr 28th 2006, 2:32 am
BE Enthusiast

macker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Carpenters in Perth

Yes Possoms, you are right. I was just really talking about all the hassle of being a self employed carpenter here at home. The long hours, weekend work, and when you are self employed it means alot more visits to the accountant!!

BRING IT ON!!
Old Apr 28th 2006, 2:38 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by macker
Yes Possoms, you are right. I was just really talking about all the hassle of being a self employed carpenter here at home. The long hours, weekend work, and when you are self employed it means alot more visits to the accountant!!

BRING IT ON!!
aye tell me about it mate, I also say BRING IT ON from one wood widow to another
Old Apr 28th 2006, 2:46 am
Forum Regular

carojey is a jewel in the roughcarojey is a jewel in the roughcarojey is a jewel in the roughcarojey is a jewel in the roughcarojey is a jewel in the rough

My other half's a carpenter and he was earning £30 an hour on the Gold Coast self employed and now he earns $27 an hour as an employee, working more in the North Rivers/Tweed area. He loves it and never wants to go back to England if he can help it!
Old Apr 28th 2006, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by carojey
My other half's a carpenter and he was earning £30 an hour on the Gold Coast self employed and now he earns $27 an hour as an employee, working more in the North Rivers/Tweed area. He loves it and never wants to go back to England if he can help it!
£30 or $30 dollars?? sounds very good if its the first!

glad hes loving it.
Old Apr 28th 2006, 3:19 am
Forum Regular

carojey is a jewel in the roughcarojey is a jewel in the roughcarojey is a jewel in the roughcarojey is a jewel in the roughcarojey is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by possoms
£30 or $30 dollars?? sounds very good if its the first!

glad hes loving it.
Ahh yes that would be dollars - would prefer it to be in pounds of course haha!
Old Apr 28th 2006, 3:53 am
BE Enthusiast

macker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of light

Possoms,

"From one wood widow to another"

LOL! Never heard that one but it is sooooooooooo true.

Carojey,

Thanks for that. I guess it's like anywhere, the good jobs are out there if you look hard enough. My hubbie has a very good saying that was told to him when he was doing his apprenticeship: "work is like fighting, if you look for it, there's plenty!!"
Old Apr 28th 2006, 9:38 pm

My hubbie has a very good saying that was told to him when he was doing his apprenticeship: "work is like fighting, if you look for it, there's plenty!!"
that's very good
Old May 15th 2006, 5:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to let you know we got a call today from our agent, we passed the bloody TRA. So relieved. It took 5 and a half weeks, agent said there was a slight delay because of easter holidays. All I can say is
Old May 15th 2006, 7:27 am
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to let you know we got a call today from our agent, we passed the bloody TRA. So relieved. It took 5 and a half weeks, agent said there was a slight delay because of easter holidays. All I can say is

Hi Congratulations. We posted our TRA off on Friday so hopefully we should hear back soon. (fingers crossed) OH is a Carpenter/Joiner.

Joex
Old May 15th 2006, 7:37 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old May 15th 2006, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Joe,

Thanks and Good luck to you. You could hear back within 2 -3 weeks. I know a good few people that got their result that quick. I was getting paranoid that mine was taking so long compared to others (silly I know as 5 weeks is quick )but the mind starts playing tricks when you are waiting.

Clippies,

Thanks alot and thanks for all your advice. You are a star. Remind me again of your timeline. I have a mind like a sieve!!
Old May 15th 2006, 9:19 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Clippies,

Thanks alot and thanks for all your advice. You are a star. Remind me again of your timeline. I have a mind like a sieve!!
My pleasure

Lol, my mind is like that too - I think the TRA has fuddled my brain

We have no timeline as I haven't sent the bloody thing off yet lol - work is getting in the way this week as I've had to take on extra shifts so me and Dale are passing ships!
Old May 15th 2006, 9:36 am
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Joe,

Thanks and Good luck to you. You could hear back within 2 -3 weeks. I know a good few people that got their result that quick. I was getting paranoid that mine was taking so long compared to others (silly I know as 5 weeks is quick )but the mind starts playing tricks when you are waiting.

Clippies,

Hi Thanks

Im panicking now. Hopefully they will put us out of our misery quickly. :scared: Good luck with your application.

Joex
Old May 15th 2006, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mark 'n' joe
Hi Thanks

Im panicking now. Hopefully they will put us out of our misery quickly. :scared: Good luck with your application.

Joex
Thanks Joe, you too. It will be fine. Awful though waiting isn't it?