Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Carols by Candlelight

Carols by Candlelight

Old Dec 8th 2003, 3:23 am
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Carols by Candlelight

There are several venues around the country where you can Listen to Christmas Carols by Candlelight. I am sure those of you you have spent a christmas here would have attended them before.

They sound really good to me, and a way of getting into the Christmas season, despite the heat. The local paper has dates and venues listed.
Old Dec 8th 2003, 3:43 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I was quite pleased to find that the local church here has a late-night Carol service on Christmas Eve, followed by Midnight Mass. At least theres one custom I can carry on over here!
Old Dec 8th 2003, 4:33 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Donna, you're right, there are some great ones around, even smallish country towns usually hold some sort of carols by candlight evening. Its lovely to go down & sit in the cool of the evening & relax & enjoy it.
Old Dec 8th 2003, 5:20 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of
Default Re: Carols by Candlelight

Originally posted by Jirrupin
There are several venues around the country where you can Listen to Christmas Carols by Candlelight. I am sure those of you you have spent a christmas here would have attended them before.

They sound really good to me, and a way of getting into the Christmas season, despite the heat. The local paper has dates and venues listed.
We're going to take our daughter to the one at Joondalup Arena this Sunday. Thought it might be the best way to feel a bit more Christmassy.
Old Dec 8th 2003, 5:27 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Yup - we are going to the Mindarie one on Sunday. Put the tree up on Sunday with Crimbo Carols playing in the background. Felt quite Christmassy
Old Dec 8th 2003, 8:09 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, it's fun!

We used to go too!

One I remember was in Maida Vale (foothills). It was in the park opposite our house. We've still got it on camera, a bit dark though

I just loved having a candle, with the cardboard around it! Was quite dangerous of course for us kiddies, but we still had one!

I can also remember once in Bridgetown, in the south west. I think it was held on the hospital grounds.

Have fun guys!!!

P.S. We've booked the tickets!!!!!!!!!!!!! 14 july. 15 July we arrive in Perth!! Now 'only' have to get the visa and a container for our stuff!!
Old Dec 8th 2003, 9:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Carols by Candlelight

Originally posted by Jirrupin

Ah, Carols by Candlelight at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl in Melbourne - was always a great way to get into the festive spirit.

OzTennis