Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Car transporting interstate

Car transporting interstate

Old Mar 2nd 2009, 12:17 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold
Default Car transporting interstate

Hi all, hectic preparations going on for the move to Sydney, some of you might like to know what I have discovered, I did plan to drive over, but someone told me its relatively cheap to transport the car....

I rang Autotrans here in Adelaide but depots all over, and it would cost $515 to take my car form Adelaide to Sydney!

so if you think how much petrol would cost and hotels for stopvers, wear and tear etc etc would cost plus the time involved sounds great to me!
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 12:21 am
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car transporting interstate

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
Hi all, hectic preparations going on for the move to Sydney, some of you might like to know what I have discovered, I did plan to drive over, but someone told me its relatively cheap to transport the car....

I rang Autotrans here in Adelaide but depots all over, and it would cost $515 to take my car form Adelaide to Sydney!

so if you think how much petrol would cost and hotels for stopvers, wear and tear etc etc would cost plus the time involved sounds great to me!
yeah, but surely driving it would be part of the fun - seeing places you had not seen before and just taking a few days out?
You may need to register your car in NSW and get a green/pink slip sorted out - you have probably researched this, but thought I would mention it

S
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 12:36 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

I think the worry of beng homeless, and the worry of being potless may take the edge of it! Normally I love a road trip! but this time I think I better just to get there!.....I think I have a bit of time to get the rego sorted.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 12:47 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde

The car however cannot contain any personal items and at some stage you and family need to get their via plane or train?
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 12:57 am
BE Forum Addict

That's ok stuff getting transported, and only me, which is why itll be cheaper this way.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 6:49 am
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

Are they a company that gives it to backpackers to drive for them, or are they different?
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 7:06 am
ABCDiamond

I used Patricks to do one of our cars, Sydney to Brisbane
They put them on car transporters, Autotrans do the same.

http://www.patrickautocare.com.au/Co...MoveMyCar.aspx

Most of these companies will do the following options at different prices.
Door to Door
Depot to Depot
Door to Depot - mine was this, for about $375 I think, but a few years ago
Depot to Door

Old Mar 2nd 2009, 8:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes, its put on car transporter! I don't think Id be happy with the backpacker option, would negate the wear and tear on the car also? I think thats more for returning camper vans etc....
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 7:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Cookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud of

I drove my car up from Adelaide to Hervey Bay, god nearly two years ago!!! Took me 2 days of driving 11 hours and 1 day for about 5 hours. Nothing to see just bush and crap little towns. Cost me $225 in petrol but cheaper than flying me, 2 kids and a dog up!!!!
It actually wasnt that bad, had quite a laugh really. Just saw it as an adventure really.
Angela