Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Car Seats for the flight? Confused?

Car Seats for the flight? Confused?

Old Aug 8th 2008, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

plantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Car Seats for the flight? Confused?

Originally Posted by Helen Randle
Bummer!! Ok thank you everyone, I was wondering about transporting them so I guess that's one thing less to organise!
Hi know this thread is ancient but what make of seats 'ARE' AUS compliant...I have a Maxi Cosi Tobi bought in Middle East but I have no idea of they are compliant.

What about Sit n Stroll, great for the plane but are they AUS compliant?

PP xx
Old Aug 9th 2008, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

sylvesterthecat is a jewel in the roughsylvesterthecat is a jewel in the roughsylvesterthecat is a jewel in the roughsylvesterthecat is a jewel in the rough

so anyone travelled with 18 month old with no extra seat?

am I mad thinking i can do this without an extra seat?

i just wonder how he'd be able to sleep in the sitting up position of a seat?

please help - 2 months to go before we go!

thanks
Lisa x
Old Aug 9th 2008, 6:25 am
BE Enthusiast

plantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sylvesterthecat
so anyone travelled with 18 month old with no extra seat?

am I mad thinking i can do this without an extra seat?

i just wonder how he'd be able to sleep in the sitting up position of a seat?

please help - 2 months to go before we go!

thanks
Lisa x
I have done this several times...check with the airline bu if they say yes buy a REALLY cheap one you can chuck the other end as I have now found out even if the seat is AUS compliant if it doesn't have the AUS compliant sticker then it's illegal in a car voiding the insurance.

It's OK on a short flight (7 hours or so) so if you are making a few stops then they can kind of sleep on you....but if it's a fairly direct flight then it's a bit nightmarish imho....I am thinking about what to do now...maybe take my maxi cosi on the plane and then keep it for return journeys? I have no idea because we won't use it, and can't sell it as no one uses second hand ones here...keep me posted, we will be traveling roughly the same time as you to Oz....
Old Aug 9th 2008, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

sylvesterthecat is a jewel in the roughsylvesterthecat is a jewel in the roughsylvesterthecat is a jewel in the roughsylvesterthecat is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by plantpot
I have done this several times...check with the airline bu if they say yes buy a REALLY cheap one you can chuck the other end as I have now found out even if the seat is AUS compliant if it doesn't have the AUS compliant sticker then it's illegal in a car voiding the insurance.

It's OK on a short flight (7 hours or so) so if you are making a few stops then they can kind of sleep on you....but if it's a fairly direct flight then it's a bit nightmarish imho....I am thinking about what to do now...maybe take my maxi cosi on the plane and then keep it for return journeys? I have no idea because we won't use it, and can't sell it as no one uses second hand ones here...keep me posted, we will be traveling roughly the same time as you to Oz....

sorry when I said extra seat I meant the actual seat rather than car seat. As in I will have him on my lap for the duration...

we are going to uk for a holiday sans partner!

Old Aug 9th 2008, 6:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sylvesterthecat
sorry when I said extra seat I meant the actual seat rather than car seat. As in I will have him on my lap for the duration...

we are going to uk for a holiday sans partner!

Ah OK....not 'mad' but uncomfy def...and a bit tight....it's such a long flight if you can afford another seat then I would....

Got the wrong end of the stick there