Car Seats

Old Dec 30th 2008, 12:02 pm

Howard Jenings is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Car Seats

We are shipping out all our goods in 3 weeks and were wondering if our child car seats were legal in Aus before we ship them out - does anyone know how I can find out?
Old Dec 30th 2008, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

australianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud of
Default Re: Car Seats

Originally Posted by Howard Jenings
We are shipping out all our goods in 3 weeks and were wondering if our child car seats were legal in Aus before we ship them out - does anyone know how I can find out?
try this site, it may help http://www.bubhub.com.au/infocarseats.php
Old Dec 30th 2008, 8:15 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Howard Jenings
The answer is no and dont bother sending. If you are caught your insurance is invalidated and the fine would not make it worthwhile financially.

Children can travel in Taxis from the airport without a seat (just in case you were wondering). I would not say the seats here are necessarily better/safer just different but none the less regulated in Australia by Australian laws.

You might find if lucky other posters near where you are looking may have seats too pass on ???
Old Dec 30th 2008, 10:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

UK car seats do not conform to Aus and NZ standards....well tehy don't have the label to say that! So they cannot be used here legally.

depending on the age of your children, your local council/a local company hires out capsules for birth-6months.

At the moment, Target has a 50pct off offer on Mother' Choice car seats (think 8-18kg, so 6months-ish to 3ish) at 149dollars. If you have a friend here, you could try and get someone to pick one up. There again, there seem to be regular offers.

If you are not worried about second hand, Melbourne has kids second hand markets held regularly. Car seats are often for sale and you can ask if they have been in an accident from the owner. Not sure where you are headed, but I guess most cities have these type of markets!
Old Dec 31st 2008, 3:18 am
ABCDiamond

Info on Child Seats at: http://www.atsb.gov.au/pdfs/child_restraints.pdf

• Before you buy or rent a restraint, check that it has the Standards Australia mark (see the picture).
  • Australian law says that you must not use a restraint if it does not comply with the Australian Standard.
  • Overseas restraints do not meet Australian standards unless they have this mark

Old Dec 31st 2008, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

Uuuh Patsy is a jewel in the roughUuuh Patsy is a jewel in the roughUuuh Patsy is a jewel in the roughUuuh Patsy is a jewel in the roughUuuh Patsy is a jewel in the rough

I had 3 babies with me when we arrived. I ordered them online in advance. This crowd where good value. You will need some sort of postal address to have them delivererd

http://pramwarehouse.com.au/

If you book a car rental for the first weeks then get them thrown in.