Car rego

Old Nov 22nd 2011, 12:01 am
giz
Forum Regular

giz is just really nicegiz is just really nicegiz is just really nicegiz is just really nicegiz is just really nicegiz is just really nicegiz is just really nicegiz is just really nice
Default Car rego

I bought a car just last week and on 15-Nov renewed the registration for 12 months.

I only noticed after I was putting the sticker on the car that the new expiry date is 27-Sep-2012 (not 15-Nov-2012 - as I would have expected).

This is presumably because the previous registration expired on 27-09-2011.

I called the RTA this morning and queried it. They told me that this is correct that I had to pay for the missed period, otherwise I would have to purchase new registration plates, etc.

This is nuts! I have to pay for rego for a period that I didn't own the car. This couldn't be true, is it?
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 12:17 am
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car rego

It is true and correct I'm afraid. However it probably works out cheaper than saying the car was unregister for 3 months and having to go through the necessary to then get it re-registered.

Something always worth checking when buying a car.
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 12:30 am
giz
Forum Regular

giz is just really nicegiz is just really nicegiz is just really nicegiz is just really nicegiz is just really nicegiz is just really nicegiz is just really nicegiz is just really nice

Originally Posted by jothefw
It is true and correct I'm afraid. However it probably works out cheaper than saying the car was unregister for 3 months and having to go through the necessary to then get it re-registered.

Something always worth checking when buying a car.
Thanks...if that's the way it is, that's the way it is.

Cheers
Giz
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 2:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

We dont get stickers in WA anymore