Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

CAR PRICES??????????????????????

CAR PRICES??????????????????????

Old Jul 24th 2007, 7:07 pm
jon&a mp;kate

jon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud of
Question CAR PRICES??????????????????????

I want a holden commodore for me and maybe a ford falcon for the boss (the wife) any ideas on prices for these (not to old)???We have $20,000 to get both is this enough?
Old Jul 24th 2007, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

BayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud of
Default Re: CAR PRICES??????????????????????

This is a little car dealer near me which may give you some idea of prices. I would imagine prices could be a little cheaper in the cities. He's not a big dealer but his cars are always better value than the other dealers in town.

http://www.kensinn.com/used_cars.htm
Old Jul 24th 2007, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

Whingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really nice

Thats it give her the crappy car
Old Jul 24th 2007, 8:08 pm
jon&a mp;kate

jon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud of

Bloody right i had a loverly Xtype jag and she made me sell it for a bigger car (Grand jerokee pile of shit)It had everything in it like TV'S dvd player etc etc but it spent more time in the garage being fixed so it is pay back time
Old Jul 24th 2007, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Why don't you go for something with a bit of character? both of those cars are as boring as bat shit :-)
Old Jul 25th 2007, 2:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jon&kate
Bloody right i had a loverly Xtype jag and she made me sell it for a bigger car (Grand jerokee pile of shit)It had everything in it like TV'S dvd player etc etc but it spent more time in the garage being fixed so it is pay back time
How did you find the X-Type Jag?

I was on the market for a new company car and took a brand new X-type out on a test drive; it was a beautiful car but to me it just didn't feel like a Jag if that makes sense. The quality was there.......... but not the sleekness!

It didn't look like a Jag........ plus the price didn't seem right....... it was too cheap at $39,950 brand spanking new? I ended up with a 3 year old XJ-8 which cost me much more than a brand new X-Type.

With petrol being what it is in price; the good news is I find the Jag much more economical than my Holden Commodore.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 4:09 am
Forum Regular

sherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nice

I want a holden commodore for me and maybe a ford falcon for the boss (the wife) any ideas on prices for these (not to old)???We have $20,000 to get both is this enough?

Look at www.redbook.com.au should have all the price details you require
Old Jul 25th 2007, 5:55 am
Banned

007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all

Why don't you look on the car websites

www.carsales.com.au
www.carsguide.com.au
www.drive.com.au

If you have any specific question relating to Holdens visit here www.ls1.com.au/forum and ask these blokes - they're a good group of fellows.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

keithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant future

hi
secondhand cars out here are stupid money,i`m afraid. have a look on the websites,you`ll be surprised,try trading post
good luck

Old Jul 25th 2007, 11:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Lal Lal a rural community outside Ballarat VIC, previously Kent England
oliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keithandsam
hi
secondhand cars out here are stupid money,i`m afraid. have a look on the websites,you`ll be surprised,try trading post
good luck
We have a holden commodore wagon (estate) 2003 model, 3.8V6 Automatic $14,500.

Insurance with AAMI $400 fully comp with 2 drivers listed (rating 1)

Here is a picture of it
http://www.flickr.com/photos/oliverandlisa/785080982/

Lisa.x
Old Jul 25th 2007, 12:34 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

When you do buy the cars, keep away from the shonky car dealers, of which there are many. Go for ones that are accredited by the auto club in the particular state, as they at least have some crediblity. The cars at that price will either be old or have 100 000 plus kms (ex-company rep vehicles) on the odometer.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 3:32 pm
jon&a mp;kate

the x-type was very nice but no what you mean.Try the 3 litre sport as that is very sleek.To everyone else thanks for the replies and i will check out the sites