Reload this Page >

car mechanic advise please

car mechanic advise please

Old Mar 26th 2009, 11:43 am
Just Joined

rogermac is an unknown quantity at this point
Default car mechanic advise please

Hi all
Havent been on here for a while and really need some advice as my wife son and newborn baby which is due in may are planning to move over to perth in August this year.
We were granted our permenant residency visa's in December last year and due to our house not selling we have only srapped together £20000 to start a new life in perth will this be enough ?
I am also worried about finding work i am a fully qualified mechanic with 20 yrs experience does anyone know if there is still plenty of work available in the motor trade as i know there was a shortage last year.
Any advice would be greatly appriciated

many thanks Roger
Old Mar 26th 2009, 10:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

calNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to all
Default Re: car mechanic advise please

Dont no if this is going to be the trend but ive been busy since xmas, if new car sales go down older cars must be repaired, but iam in qld dont no what situ is in WA . I think 20000gbp will be fine, only buy what you need until you start earning a wage i think it was 6mth before we started to see bank balance going the right way.
Old Mar 27th 2009, 11:05 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: car mechanic advise please

Originally Posted by rogermac
I am also worried about finding work i am a fully qualified mechanic with 20 yrs experience does anyone know if there is still plenty of work available in the motor trade as i know there was a shortage last year.
Any advice would be greatly appriciated

many thanks Roger

Hi Mate

Yes there was a huge shortage last year, but I have to be honest, in my opinion there are plenty of Mechanics now looking for work as the mines have closed/laid off. I feel as soon as the mines pick up again they'll be off!

I have 13 mechanics in my workshop and have just had 2 new ones from the UK start in the past month and I'm now full..... a few months back I'd have snapped you up if you have good references and the right experience.
I would suggest you get everything in place to show your experience and references etc before you arrive.

Have you heard of Rob Verran? He works for/owns Automotive Personel.
http://www.apawa.com.au/findajob.htm

08 9242 1220

168 Scarborough Beach Road
Mt Hawthorn 6016
Western Australia

Staff & Vacancy Enquiries - [email protected]

He will know better than anyone what the situation is like and may even be able to find you a job before you arrive. He takes a payment from the employing company once you have passed a probationary period.

Good luck mate.
Neil.