Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Car Insurance No Claims?

Wikiposts

Car Insurance No Claims?

Old Jul 28th 2006, 8:25 pm
brown eyes!

pete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of light
Cool Car Insurance No Claims?

Hi all, I know that if you get a letter from your UK insurance company some Aussie companys will give you your no claims discount. I was just wanting to know if they will also match your no claims discount on a second vehicle? We had to get a second car for a while in the UK and my wife has full no claims discount and they gave her full discount on the second car aswell as going through the same company. Is it the same in Brisbane?? Thanks Pete.
Old Jul 28th 2006, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

ken-6 has a spectacular aura aboutken-6 has a spectacular aura aboutken-6 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Car Insurance No Claims?

If you can show that you both have no claims bonus from the UK they will give you both a rating 1. I only had proof of my no claims on a car but i still got it on a motorbike as they don't follow it up. Oh and on our cars.
Old Jul 28th 2006, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond repute

we never even needed a letter - when we signed up online it asked about accidents etc (we have had none) and on every quote we were offered maximum no claim bonus. I wouldn't worry about it - maybe other peeps can concur or tell their experience!!! We opted for NRMA in the end.

S
Old Jul 28th 2006, 9:06 pm
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

we went with AAMI and had no problem at all......now if you ever come back to the UK you'll have all sorts of fun and games getting them to accept your Aussie no claims. We've not had much problem with the car (except that they will only give 5 yrs as they say this is what Rating 1 equates to), but with my husbands bike insurance they are refusing to give him more than the 2yrs he was insured for out there even though he went out with 7yrs no claims.
Old Jul 28th 2006, 9:12 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by banjo
we went with AAMI and had no problem at all......now if you ever come back to the UK you'll have all sorts of fun and games getting them to accept your Aussie no claims. We've not had much problem with the car (except that they will only give 5 yrs as they say this is what Rating 1 equates to), but with my husbands bike insurance they are refusing to give him more than the 2yrs he was insured for out there even though he went out with 7yrs no claims.
Solution

Dont go back
Old Jul 29th 2006, 9:18 pm
Just Joined

ozbound2 has a brilliant futureozbound2 has a brilliant futureozbound2 has a brilliant futureozbound2 has a brilliant futureozbound2 has a brilliant futureozbound2 has a brilliant futureozbound2 has a brilliant future

Iwent with SGIO and I just said I have benn driving 27 odd years and had full no claims bonus and they accepted that...and have gien me 65% protected no claims too..no hassle
j

Originally Posted by pete jackson
Hi all, I know that if you get a letter from your UK insurance company some Aussie companys will give you your no claims discount. I was just wanting to know if they will also match your no claims discount on a second vehicle? We had to get a second car for a while in the UK and my wife has full no claims discount and they gave her full discount on the second car aswell as going through the same company. Is it the same in Brisbane?? Thanks Pete.
Old Jul 29th 2006, 9:52 pm
Jif
Forum Regular

Jif has a brilliant futureJif has a brilliant futureJif has a brilliant futureJif has a brilliant futureJif has a brilliant futureJif has a brilliant future

Another vote for AAMI - it was very easy to get their best no claims rating - Rating 1.
Old Jul 30th 2006, 12:53 am
Just Joined

tokyo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bert'n'Stella
we never even needed a letter - when we signed up online it asked about accidents etc (we have had none) and on every quote we were offered maximum no claim bonus. I wouldn't worry about it - maybe other peeps can concur or tell their experience!!! We opted for NRMA in the end.

S

With these online quotes, what is to stop people from lying through their teeth? Is there no check afterwards? Seems a bit odd.
Old Jul 30th 2006, 1:25 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tokyo
With these online quotes, what is to stop people from lying through their teeth? Is there no check afterwards? Seems a bit odd.
Nothing to stop people i guess; only thing is that it could come back and bite you on your backside if you ever had a crash
Old Jul 30th 2006, 2:03 am
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by thebears
Solution

Dont go back

now you tell us......! Needed that advice 3 mths ago.