north lakes

Old Jul 24th 2006, 8:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute
Default north lakes

I'd be very grateful if anyone currently living or previously having lived at north lakes could supply me with any positives or negatives about the area
cheers bobby
Old Jul 24th 2006, 10:13 pm
Here At Last!!

frogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nice
Default Re: north lakes

hi
we are moving over to north lakes in October ,my husband is over there at the moment looking at rentals we have seen and he says he is working as well

when we went over in June north lakes was third on our list to live but I'm so Glad i saw it ,it has everything you need schools shops etc. The big thing for us was the parks round there as we have 2 kids you can just send the kids out and they have somewhere to play and they had BBQ areas att to them which was great .

have you already been there? if so sorry you probably already know this if i can help more please pm me

when you moving out?

Lisa
Old Jul 25th 2006, 2:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

We've been there almost 18 months and love it.

There's too many English there now though
Old Jul 25th 2006, 3:51 am
Forum Regular

traceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant future

Have just moved here. (North Lakes) Am liking it so far although haven't made any friends yet!!!

Be in touch when you're here, not that i'm desperate for friends or anything... (lol)

Tracey, Ian, Libby (2) and Shea (6 mnths)
Old Jul 25th 2006, 6:40 am
Got our visas

julie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of light

What is the work situation there? My husband is a plumber ( Builder ) and I'm accounts assistant. What are the salaries like?

What would you expect to pay for a 3 to 4 bedroom + pool. Can anyone send me a website on this area.

Many thanks
Julie
Old Jul 25th 2006, 6:50 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by traceyandian
Have just moved here. (North Lakes) Am liking it so far although haven't made any friends yet!!!

Be in touch when you're here, not that i'm desperate for friends or anything... (lol)

Tracey, Ian, Libby (2) and Shea (6 mnths)
My wife is comming out to join me in a couple of weeks time, along with our children 4 + 2, i am sure she'll need a friendly face when she lands, i am currently trying to get a rental in North Lakes.
Old Jul 25th 2006, 8:09 am
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Billabong
We've been there almost 18 months and love it.

There's too many English there now though
Yeah - but Bobbyftm isn't really English - he's officially a yakka

Haway the lads!!
Old Jul 25th 2006, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

chaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond repute

We went for a tour earlier in the year...I thought it was ok but a little all the same (if that makes sense)..dont get me wrong its a nice enough place, and is commutable to brissy and the beach is close

...although one thing that stuck out is that the developer didnt plan to build a boozer

I get emailed the new releases now and then if anyones interested.
Old Jul 25th 2006, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

Greg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the roughGreg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the roughGreg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the roughGreg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
I'd be very grateful if anyone currently living or previously having lived at north lakes could supply me with any positives or negatives about the area
cheers bobby
We had a good look around in April last year, and hope to be making the big move in September.

We thought it had everything we needed for us and our 4 year old daughter:-lots of parks, cycle paths, space and everything very clean and well looked after. And probably more important for us at first is not too far to Brisbane CBD.

It could all seem a bit too 'planned' and twee, but at the same time, you are going to be surrounded by other new arrivals which is important at least at first. And to be fair everything nice and new and maintained is better than the alternative.

Having priced up land and houses, and seen what you get, it would cost at least double in the UK
Old Jul 25th 2006, 7:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chaval
We went for a tour earlier in the year...I thought it was ok but a little all the same (if that makes sense)..dont get me wrong its a nice enough place, and is commutable to brissy and the beach is close

...although one thing that stuck out is that the developer didnt plan to build a boozer

We'd be interested in any info we can get please chaval . Surely someone must've thought about a boozer or two in a place as big as that for heavens sake !!!!
Old Jul 25th 2006, 7:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Greg, Michele and Bella
We had a good look around in April last year, and hope to be making the big move in September.

We thought it had everything we needed for us and our 4 year old daughter:-lots of parks, cycle paths, space and everything very clean and well looked after. And probably more important for us at first is not too far to Brisbane CBD.

It could all seem a bit too 'planned' and twee, but at the same time, you are going to be surrounded by other new arrivals which is important at least at first. And to be fair everything nice and new and maintained is better than the alternative.

Having priced up land and houses, and seen what you get, it would cost at least double in the UK
Our thoughts exactly about the property situation and greater value for money than the Bayside area which we visited in February
Old Jul 25th 2006, 8:23 pm
Here At Last!!

frogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nice

regarding pubs in the area the sales women told us that a big complex was being built with cinemas,pub,etc well with the english out there they need alot of pubs

lisax
Old Jul 25th 2006, 8:26 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chaval

There is a boozer as we use it every now and again called North Lakes Tavern I think right on end of the big shopping centre.

As for plumbing work, our plumber says he is always there loads of work plus they are building all over so plumber will be def in demand.
Old Jul 25th 2006, 9:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by julie hilton
What is the work situation there? My husband is a plumber ( Builder ) and I'm accounts assistant. What are the salaries like?

What would you expect to pay for a 3 to 4 bedroom + pool. Can anyone send me a website on this area.

Many thanks
Julie
hi julie you may find these websites useful
http://www.lensworth.com.au/index_ge...menuid=090.030
http://www.northlakes.com.au/RealEst...FSO0QgodMjVtXw
http://www.prsc.qld.gov.au/c/prsc?a=da&did=1242016
Old Jul 26th 2006, 5:43 am
Forum Regular

Princess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nice

My in laws live in North Lakes and we go to stay there at least once a year. It's very modern and well laid out and as a keen walker I especially love the walking track around the lake. There are good facilities there also including places to eat, shopping, a library, gym and pool. The coast is about a 10-15 minute drive away at Redcliffe and they have developed this nicely over the past few years.

It is close to the Bruce freeway into Brisbane, which has got busier and busier since when we started visiting the area 9 years ago (North Lakes not that old but have other inlaws not far away).

The only negative thing about North Lakes is that being modern it lacks a bit of character but that doesn't make it any different from any other modern Australian housing estate. Also my in laws have mentioned a burglary problem due to the fact that so many residents work outside of the home during the day. I'm not sure if other residents here would agree.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.