Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Car Insurance (Imported Vehicle)

Car Insurance (Imported Vehicle)

Old Jun 16th 2012, 4:03 am
Forum Regular

popp68 is just really nicepopp68 is just really nicepopp68 is just really nicepopp68 is just really nicepopp68 is just really nicepopp68 is just really nicepopp68 is just really nicepopp68 is just really nice
Default Car Insurance (Imported Vehicle)

Well it seemed to make sense at the time! We have brought our Isuzu pickup over from the UK - we didn't need to bring much 'stuff' & the deal was that anything that we could fit inside the vehicle could come for free - we bought the pickup from new & it wouldn't fetch much in the UK, so for the money it cost to ship over here it seemed worth doing. However, we're now finding it really difficult to insure, nobody recognises it as a make/model on their system & I was wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences & found a company that's been wiling to help?
Thanks for reading
Jo
Old Jun 16th 2012, 5:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car Insurance

Originally Posted by popp68
Well it seemed to make sense at the time! We have brought our Isuzu pickup over from the UK - we didn't need to bring much 'stuff' & the deal was that anything that we could fit inside the vehicle could come for free - we bought the pickup from new & it wouldn't fetch much in the UK, so for the money it cost to ship over here it seemed worth doing. However, we're now finding it really difficult to insure, nobody recognises it as a make/model on their system & I was wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences & found a company that's been wiling to help?
Thanks for reading
Jo

What make and model is it?

We brought ours over and insured it with
Spoiler:
Youi
After one year they said they don't insure imports. Anyway when the automatic renewal was due a year later we just carried on. They seemed to have forgotten.

Shop around. Try Suncorp, NRMA etc...

Good luck!
Old Jun 16th 2012, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

popp68 is just really nicepopp68 is just really nicepopp68 is just really nicepopp68 is just really nicepopp68 is just really nicepopp68 is just really nicepopp68 is just really nicepopp68 is just really nice
Default Re: Car Insurance

Originally Posted by Alfresco
What make and model is it?

We brought ours over and insured it with
Spoiler:
Youi
After one year they said they don't insure imports. Anyway when the automatic renewal was due a year later we just carried on. They seemed to have forgotten.

Shop around. Try Suncorp, NRMA etc...

Good luck!
Thanks for that - I'll give them a try - ours is an Isuzu TF Pickup crewcab, it's the same as the Holden Rodeo really
Old Jun 16th 2012, 8:26 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat055 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Car Insurance (Imported Vehicle)

We used AAMI for my wife's imported Mazda.
Old Jun 16th 2012, 8:34 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I run a Car Club that has an Australian counterpart. The car is a Japanese Grey import called a Mitsubishi FTO, and the members on there manage to get them insured fairly easily.

Maybe go onto that forum and have a look around .... here's the insurance section which might give you some pointers

http://ftoaustralia.com/v3/viewforum...d445bd2b80043d
Old Jun 16th 2012, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I run a Car Club that has an Australian counterpart. The car is a Japanese Grey import called a Mitsubishi FTO, and the members on there manage to get them insured fairly easily.

Maybe go onto that forum and have a look around .... here's the insurance section which might give you some pointers

http://ftoaustralia.com/v3/viewforum...d445bd2b80043d
Thanks very much - I'll take a look
Jo