Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Car insurance-can it be arranged for Oz while in the UK?

Car insurance-can it be arranged for Oz while in the UK?

Old Sep 23rd 2007, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

GaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really nice
Default Car insurance-can it be arranged for Oz while in the UK?

For those who have bought cars and had them delivered to hotels, airports, etc, how did you go about arranging insurance before getting to Oz?

Thanks in advance

Gary
Old Sep 24th 2007, 12:47 am
SharonC

sharon_gareth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Car insurance-can it be arranged for Oz while in the UK?

We use http://www.rac.com.au/go/motoring the RAC over here for our car insurance needs. Contact them I am sure they will be able to organise for you. Also you can carry over your No Claims Discount from the UK.
Old Oct 14th 2007, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Car insurance-can it be arranged for Oz while in the UK?

Originally Posted by GaryKristensen
For those who have bought cars and had them delivered to hotels, airports, etc, how did you go about arranging insurance before getting to Oz?

Thanks in advance

Gary
by giving your brothers address then updating it once you get there- no probs

If the car has a green slip(compulsory third party insurance) then that cover anyone who drives it for 3rd party anyway, its compulsory for every one to have if the car is on the road, hence the name meaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhh.

You can get extra fully comp too have a look at a few search engines but clare found e-car insurance pretty cheap after researching loads at about 200 quid for a convertible jeep for us both to drive fully comp. They didnt even ask for no claims bonus as they said clare had been driving long enough to qualify for 60% off anyway.

Green slips(Compuls third party) are extra to your fully comp but its alot cheaper than the uk anyway all together, as is fuel at about 50-60p a litre tops so overall a good saving there.

Ive got my motorbike on just third party only as its in a garage and no chance of getting nicked round here so it cost me nothing to insure as the green slip was transferred to my name from the last owner when i bought it. Its a yearly thing.
Any more questions just ask.

al.x

Last edited by Mr Anderson; Oct 14th 2007 at 4:06 pm.