Old Dec 28th 2005, 8:05 pm
Just Joined

dave bayliss is an unknown quantity at this point
Default car insurance

hi
could any one please tell me a bit about car insurance
want to get a Mitsubishi delica japan import when we get over ,
are imports harder and more expensive to insure than local cars
want a MVP 4 wheel drive to pull a big caravan any recommendations around £10 000 to spend
any good links to good car insurance company's would be grateful|_
thanks regards Dave
Old Dec 28th 2005, 8:13 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: car insurance

We insured 2 new Subarus with Suncorp - pretty cheap and no hassle - only about $1000 for both fully Comp
Old Dec 29th 2005, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

We just went through the yellow pages ( white over here ) and rang several up and went with who we thought gave us the best quote ( they are called budget ). We got roadside cover with it as well and they gave me protection on my 9 years no-claims. We have a 2001 daewoo nubria quote was $525 fully comp for both me and Karen.
Old Dec 29th 2005, 10:16 am
ABCDiamond

Try AAMI for car insurance.

We found them very good on price.

Old Dec 29th 2005, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

suzysu is an unknown quantity at this point

If its an imported car try:

www.shannons.com.au and www.justcarinsurance.com.au

Cheers

Su
Old Dec 29th 2005, 2:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

thribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond repute

Also check the state rules - I gather it varies. In WA you get 3rd party injury cover with your road tax, and the rest is optional and you buy it yourself. From what our friends tell us, that isn't true Oz wide.