Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Car Hire in Perth

Car Hire in Perth

Old Nov 12th 2004, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future
Default Car Hire in Perth

Has anyone used bayswater car hire? Last time I was over I used drivewest who were fine, but bayswater are almost half price for a Toyota Corrola.

I used Drivewest last time as I was advised by Nigel (Poms in Perth) that Bayswater were not very good, but I don't want to waste money unneccesarily

Has anyone anything good or bad to say about them?

Dave
Old Nov 12th 2004, 12:05 pm
AJR
Forum Regular

AJR is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Car Hire in Perth

Hi Dave
I used Bayswater and they were fine, just a word on the price though, make sure it includes fully comp insurance with no exess and that you have single vehicle
collision cover. The prices a lot of firms quote only include basic cover.

Best Regards.

Alan
Old Nov 12th 2004, 12:14 pm
Go Banana's !!

Hi Dave,

I used Thrifty last year and they were great. Can't remember how much but when I shopped around they were comparabvle once you totted up the extras etc and I got a very clean, reliable motor. They were based at Osborne Park.

Hope it helps

Warren

Old Nov 12th 2004, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!
Hi Dave,

I used Thrifty last year and they were great. Can't remember how much but when I shopped around they were comparabvle once you totted up the extras etc and I got a very clean, reliable motor. They were based at Osborne Park.

Hope it helps

Warren
Hi Warren,

Cheers I will look into them.

Dave
Old Nov 12th 2004, 12:42 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

I would recommend Bayswater for small cars.... Thrifty are damn good on larger cars, 4wd and commercials.
Old Nov 12th 2004, 3:07 pm
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by darkless
Has anyone used bayswater car hire? Last time I was over I used drivewest who were fine, but bayswater are almost half price for a Toyota Corrola.

Has anyone anything good or bad to say about them?

Dave
Hi,

We used Bayswater in Sydney a few years ago. Got back to the UK and discovered the $200 deposit had not been credited to our account. 2 years on, and we still haven't got it................

But, apart from that, they were good. Maybe held deposits is what keeps their prices so low!