Car Hire

Old Dec 21st 2005, 11:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Stephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Car Hire

Can anyone recommend a good value for money airport car rental company for me. I will need a car between flights in Perth for a week, Adelaide ditto, Brisbane ditto.

Many thanks
Old Dec 21st 2005, 11:20 am
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Car Hire

For Perth http://www.bayswatercarrental.com.au/default.htm i've used them and they were very good,

Also if you're flying internally with Virgin Blue, Europcar do special rates for virgin blue flyers connect to the Europcar website through the link on the virgin blue website.

Also in Brisbane http://www.abcintegra.com.au/index.html

Old Dec 21st 2005, 11:44 am
There is no "U" in Qantas

MisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really nice

Originally Posted by Stephen
Can anyone recommend a good value for money airport car rental company for me. I will need a car between flights in Perth for a week, Adelaide ditto, Brisbane ditto.

Many thanks
I have used Thrifty on both of my trips to Oz and found the service and the prices excellent. You are able to book online at www.thrifty.com.au. However I only did this in Melbourne where the hire was cheap. In Perth you could add $30 per day on a Mitsubishi Magna, so you may get it cheaper elsewhere, Google "Car Hire Perth Western Australia" and see what you get. Also look at the Airport charges as the companys add an Airport charge of between $50 and $60 depending on the car you hire and the Airport. I have had a look on Thrifty.com.au and there are some examples below.

Examples:

Perth Airport - Mitsubishi Magna 7 Days, $72.60 per day. Airport fee $57.75. Total cost including GST etc but no Insurance waiver - $593.25

Perth City - Mitsubishi Magna 7 Days, $72.60 per day. NO AIRPORT FEE (Find out how much a Taxi will be into the City). Total cost including GST etc but no insurance waiver - $535.50.

Adelaide Airport - Mitsubishi Magna 7 Days, $44.00 per day. Airport fee $34.97. Total cost including GST etc but no Insurance waiver - $383.01.

Adelaide City - Mitsubishi Magna 7 days, $44.00 per day. NO AIRPORT FEE. Total cost including GST etc but no Insurance waiver - $348.04.

Brisbane Airport - Mitsubishi Magna 7 days, $45.00 per day. Airport fee $37.25. Total cost including GST etc but no Insurance waiver - $389.72.

Brisbane City - Mitsubishi Magna 7 days, $51.70 per day. NO AIRPORT FEE. Total cost including GST etc but no Insurance waiver - $399.85.

As you can see from the examples above depending where you are prices can vary. I think you will be better seeking out a local firm in Perth (I'm sure someone on here can recommend one), get the car from the City in Adelaide and get it from the airport in Brisbane. As you can see I have spent a lot of time on the Thrifty website. Much cheaper than Hertz or Avis. Obviously the Magna is not the cheapest car available but it is mid-range and if there are a few of you it is a big enough car.

I hope this helps you!
Old Dec 21st 2005, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Stephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MisterTwo
I have used Thrifty on both of my trips to Oz and found the service and the prices excellent. You are able to book online at www.thrifty.com.au. However I only did this in Melbourne where the hire was cheap. In Perth you could add $30 per day on a Mitsubishi Magna, so you may get it cheaper elsewhere, Google "Car Hire Perth Western Australia" and see what you get. Also look at the Airport charges as the companys add an Airport charge of between $50 and $60 depending on the car you hire and the Airport. I have had a look on Thrifty.com.au and there are some examples below.

Examples:

Perth Airport - Mitsubishi Magna 7 Days, $72.60 per day. Airport fee $57.75. Total cost including GST etc but no Insurance waiver - $593.25

Perth City - Mitsubishi Magna 7 Days, $72.60 per day. NO AIRPORT FEE (Find out how much a Taxi will be into the City). Total cost including GST etc but no insurance waiver - $535.50.

Adelaide Airport - Mitsubishi Magna 7 Days, $44.00 per day. Airport fee $34.97. Total cost including GST etc but no Insurance waiver - $383.01.

Adelaide City - Mitsubishi Magna 7 days, $44.00 per day. NO AIRPORT FEE. Total cost including GST etc but no Insurance waiver - $348.04.

Brisbane Airport - Mitsubishi Magna 7 days, $45.00 per day. Airport fee $37.25. Total cost including GST etc but no Insurance waiver - $389.72.

Brisbane City - Mitsubishi Magna 7 days, $51.70 per day. NO AIRPORT FEE. Total cost including GST etc but no Insurance waiver - $399.85.

As you can see from the examples above depending where you are prices can vary. I think you will be better seeking out a local firm in Perth (I'm sure someone on here can recommend one), get the car from the City in Adelaide and get it from the airport in Brisbane. As you can see I have spent a lot of time on the Thrifty website. Much cheaper than Hertz or Avis. Obviously the Magna is not the cheapest car available but it is mid-range and if there are a few of you it is a big enough car.

I hope this helps you!
Thanks Mr Two, what a great post.
Old Dec 21st 2005, 11:59 am
There is no "U" in Qantas

MisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really nice

Thanks Mr Two, what a great post.
No Worries, glad to be of service!
Old Dec 21st 2005, 12:01 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks
I used these guys when i got here and got a camry station wagon for $27.50 a day
http://www.nofrillscarent.com.au/
Old Dec 21st 2005, 12:01 pm
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

www.drivewest.com.au
Old Dec 21st 2005, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

rangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud of

Hi we used bayswater carhire $28 per day or $24 per day for a year old car, everything included, apart from petrol, very good deal
Old Dec 21st 2005, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

KBREMBO is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: Car Hire

Many thanks
Do NOT use M2000 car rental in Perth..Absolutely crap !
My Inlaws got a quote night before the car was needed and all was fine...when they picked up the car they were slugged an extra $35 and had to wait 35-40 mins before they got served (girl answered and dealt with 4 calls and served other people in between)

On return the car was all neat and tidy but Macho power freak car rental man insisted that the car was not clean enough on the outside and demanded $35 to clean it! Lucky a car wash was across the road for $5.

Stay well clear of them.

Go to Bayswater Car Hire !

Cheers

KB
Old Dec 21st 2005, 1:26 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KBREMBO
Do NOT use M2000 car rental in Perth..Absolutely crap !
My Inlaws got a quote night before the car was needed and all was fine...when they picked up the car they were slugged an extra $35 and had to wait 35-40 mins before they got served (girl answered and dealt with 4 calls and served other people in between)

On return the car was all neat and tidy but Macho power freak car rental man insisted that the car was not clean enough on the outside and demanded $35 to clean it! Lucky a car wash was across the road for $5.

Stay well clear of them.

Go to Bayswater Car Hire !

Cheers

KB
And they are literally across the road from them on Adelaide Terrace. I've only used Bayswater in Perth & they are excellent.
Old Dec 21st 2005, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

AnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Car Hire

Hi Stephen

Attached is a link where you can insure against the CDW that the car hire companies charge.
We paid £65ish for an annual policy to include Australia.
Check small print as only suitable if not within x miles of your usual residence.

http://www.insurance4carhire.com

Hope this helps and enjoy your trip.

AnitaB