Car hire

Old Jun 6th 2005, 5:40 am
F.U.B.A.R

Homer will become famous soon enoughHomer will become famous soon enough
Default Car hire

Hi all myself and my wife want to drive to Adelaide in the summer from Perth does anyone know of a car hire place in Perth that give you unlimited miles and allow you to cross into different states, I have looked at a few but cant seem to find one that gives you both of these thanks for any advice
Old Jun 6th 2005, 6:49 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice
Default Re: Car hire

Originally Posted by Homer
Hi all myself and my wife want to drive to Adelaide in the summer from Perth does anyone know of a car hire place in Perth that give you unlimited miles and allow you to cross into different states, I have looked at a few but cant seem to find one that gives you both of these thanks for any advice
Hmmm, I reckon you may have to go with one of the bigger companies such as Hertz, Avis or Thrifty.

SS
Old Jun 6th 2005, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

CreditCardKing will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Homer

Are you going to drive back to Perth or leave the car in another State? You should be able to get unlimited Kms with every car hire company, they normally offer 100 free Kms per day then they charge a fee for every Kms over the 100 or you can pay an extra $15 per day to allow unlimited Kms. Don't inform them that you are leaving the Metro area otherwise they will not hire you the car or they will charge you a fortune. The big car hire companies will allow interstate travel but it will be around $100 per day hire as apposed to around $30 from the smaller companies.
Old Jun 6th 2005, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

But surely that would invalidate your insurance?
Old Jun 6th 2005, 9:43 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marco121068
Mr CCK is not too worried about those trifling inconveniences.
Old Jun 6th 2005, 9:43 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Be a bit difficult to explain how the car comes to end up in a different state, if you have promised not to leave the metro area
Old Jun 6th 2005, 9:44 am
ABCDiamond

Have a look at http://www.apollocarrentals.com.au/hire-car/

We have eight centrally located branches around Australia, including Adelaide, Alice Springs, Brisbane, Cairns, Darwin, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney. Save time and money by collecting your car from one of our branches. We offer local and interstate car hire with one-way car rentals possible between our branches (conditions apply).

Old Jun 8th 2005, 2:03 am
Forum Regular

CreditCardKing will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by marco121068

You will find that most car hire companies only have 3rd party insurance so only other vehicles are covered in the event of an accident. If you read the small print you will find that you are liable for the total amount of the repair if you damage the car even if you have reduced the excess to $200. So there isn't really any insurance to invalidate.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 2:55 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by CreditCardKing
You will find that most car hire companies only have 3rd party insurance so only other vehicles are covered in the event of an accident. If you read the small print you will find that you are liable for the total amount of the repair if you damage the car even if you have reduced the excess to $200. So there isn't really any insurance to invalidate.
Surely that can't be right ?

All cars I have hired have had comprehensive insurance,as far as I was aware.

The excess only applies to comprehensive insurance. ?