Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Car Eating Spider

Car Eating Spider

Old Mar 23rd 2005, 12:02 pm
AC/DC!

yamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really nice
Default Re: Car Eating Spider

Originally Posted by yamahaha
I had one in my bed last year. Didn't know he was there until he very kindly sank his fangs into my ear.
Im sure he was only trying to protect him self from getting crushed, cant blame him for that!
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 12:03 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bordy
I had one in my bed last year. Didn't know he was there until he very kindly sank his fangs into my ear.
Did you take him to a Vet??

Lucky it was just your ear !!

Cas
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 12:16 pm
AC/DC!

yamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really nice

Originally Posted by carolinegorka

Cas
The sad thing is if that had me me and I did crush him I would have actually considered taking him to the vet!!!
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 1:40 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by carolinegorka

Cas
No I introduced him to my Dyson.
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 1:50 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats Cruel !
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

Cuttie little huntsmen! Theyre great Spiders, anything that chomps Roaches is good in My book.
We had one in our room when we were staying in Borneo (a big black one ) it was really friendly once it knew I wasnt going to squish it, you could hear it scuttling about at night (awwww) but they dont come near you, theyre well switched on! Imagine how scared of us they are, im mean were huge from their perspective arnt we! And I can tell you, there were no flies or roaches to be seen anywhere in our room!
What would you rather have, a house full of distgusting disease ridden cockroaches crawling all over you at night, a house like a chemical factory or a cuttie little hunstman living in the corner chomping all those nasty Roaches?
Im gonna get one for our house when we move over cant wait, gonna call him Boris! ...
Yeh, you have got a point, but I still do not like spiders. They just scare me so much. It must be all those legs and the speed at which they can move. Couldn't tolerate cockroaches either though, so will have to overcome my fear of spiders I guess.
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

Can you buy Dyson's in Oz? That's exciting!
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 2:27 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Robbo2
You sure can & me being the hero I am you can take the handle off & extend it to around 6 ft so the huntsman can't jump at you & eat you..
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 2:49 pm
AC/DC!

You sure can & me being the hero I am you can take the handle off & extend it to around 6 ft so the huntsman can't jump at you & eat you..
Poor thing....never had a hope did it?
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 3:03 pm
The Godfather

Poor thing....never had a hope did it?
\It was either him or me, sorry.
Old Mar 29th 2005, 3:29 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

The Huntsman I`ve seen in Perth are smaller-bodied than Tarantula`s but longer legs... so altogether they look bigger. They`re bloody fast though, unlike Tarantula`s.
Old Mar 29th 2005, 4:18 am
Settling in

SoFunky is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been reading up like mad since i got here last september, and our house has some fine examples of mean looking spiders. I've found a few huntsman in my shed, but they are smaller than expected.

the biggest spider i've seen to date was a red & white striped one in the garden. here's a pic

and then theres this weird grey thing

anyone know if these are orbs?
Old Mar 29th 2005, 5:06 am
NO 8 THE LEGEND

Lerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robbo2
you really should get out more
Old Mar 29th 2005, 6:04 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

OH MY GOD......!!!

I am really going to have to get over my phobia.

SS
Old Mar 29th 2005, 6:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
OH MY GOD......!!!

I am really going to have to get over my phobia.

SS
Yeah, me too mate!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.