Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Car auctions in Gold Coast/Brisbane

Car auctions in Gold Coast/Brisbane

Old Sep 15th 2006, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Car auctions in Gold Coast/Brisbane

I’ve done a search on this matter but unable to find a lot about the subject, my apologies if this is yet another repeat.

I am moving to the Gold Coast next Wednesday and on Thursday I shall be attending a car auction in South Brisbane to……….you’ve guessed it…..….buy a car.

I’ve seen how they work in NZ and I am going to make the assumption wrongfully or rightfully that auctions are the same in Oz.

Questions therefore are:

Has anyone bought a car from car auction in Oz?

Was it a simple process?

What hurdles did you have to overcome and

Would you do it again?

Any responses other than “Oh no, not another bleeding car question” would be greatly appreciated.

Oh and one more question does anyone know an auction house in the Gold Coast, may save a trip to Brisbane?
Old Sep 15th 2006, 10:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of
Default Re: Car auctions in Gold Coast/Brisbane

Hi. There is a auctions in Springwood which is just off the motorway as you coming down to the Gold coast. The few times that i went i thought it was not that great as the cars were going for only a little less than the dealers and without a warranty. You also pay a 11% charge to the auction. Someone said on here a while back that a place in Miami is a decent place to go as they had a bargain ,something like ex fleet and repossessed i think but all quality cars. Have been past a few times and when we go to upgrade Kaz's car i will certainly have a look there. Good luck. Quill.
Old Sep 15th 2006, 11:14 pm
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Why not try the Q-fleet auctions http://www.qfleet.qld.gov.au/
Old Sep 16th 2006, 1:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the responses so far.......any other thoughts?
Old Sep 16th 2006, 11:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
Thanks for the responses so far.......any other thoughts?
I was hoping you'd get a bit more response too as I'd like to have punt next year. QFleet is the state government car management organisation. They may well be a good place for auctions at the moment because there's some kind of commitment by the state gov.t to keep the Aussie car industry afloat by buying too many cars ... they were giving them away to doctors as a perk/bribe recently.