Car for £1000?

Old May 31st 2007, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

nursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant future
Default Car for £1000?

I have allowed a budget of £1000 to spend on a car, is this realistic? going to gold coast, just want a runaround to get us to and from work and the odd day out. Also are there any recommended dealerships in the area or ones to avoid?

Also what other things will we need to fork out for? tax insurance? any advice greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Sarah xx
Old May 31st 2007, 4:11 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Car for £1000?

Originally Posted by nursesarah
I have allowed a budget of £1000 to spend on a car, is this realistic? going to gold coast, just want a runaround to get us to and from work and the odd day out. Also are there any recommended dealerships in the area or ones to avoid?

Also what other things will we need to fork out for? tax insurance? any advice greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Sarah xx
Thats what we set as out budgets initially (never spend more than that in the UK), it would seem however, from my research, that a grand doesn't buy you much in the way of a decent, road worthy car in OZ. We have upped our budget to a couple of thousand pounds each as a result.

Have seen some right sheds, and I mean RIGHT sheds going for more than a grand in OZ (£'s that is)!

As for dealerships.....with that sort of money to spend, you would be lucky to get a 'good day' from em. 2nd hand car lots, ebay Australia or The Trading post are your best bets.