Reload this Page >

Is capalaba a decent area?

Is capalaba a decent area?

Old Sep 16th 2005, 4:12 am
Forum Regular

patmoss is on a distinguished road
Question Is capalaba a decent area?

Guys,
Me and the missus are looking for somewhere to rent for a few months while we qualify for a mortgage. Capalaba seems to have some good rental properties at reasonable prices, does this mean that the area is perhaps a little undesirable?

I have no idea so i hope no one takes offence!!!

best wishes

Patmoss
Old Sep 16th 2005, 4:42 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is capalaba a decent area?

hi there,we live arouns 4k from capalaba,and ts a great place for shopping,having 2 big shopping centres and alot of more industrail shops around like furniture and electrical stores and DIY places but im not sure about actually living there,its a bit industrial and very busy with traffic at times,but then it does depend on what you like,it does have a cinema and plenty of resturants and bars and a night club,but myself i think 4k s is near enough,this is just my opinion of course

tracey
Old Sep 16th 2005, 5:00 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by patmoss
Guys,
Me and the missus are looking for somewhere to rent for a few months while we qualify for a mortgage. Capalaba seems to have some good rental properties at reasonable prices, does this mean that the area is perhaps a little undesirable?

best wishes

Patmoss
Hi,
Capalaba is bit of a mixed bag. Some parts good and some less so. Some hooning in the older parts now that the children are now old enough to drive. Very much depends on what you are used to and looking for.

Transport to city is bay car or bus. Train from Birkdale or Thorneside.

Wouldnt rule it out though as you could use it as a base while you look for something permanent in the Redlands.

WW
Old Sep 16th 2005, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

patmoss is on a distinguished road
Wink Re: Is capalaba a decent area?

cheers guys, you kind of confirmed what i thought,

regards

Mr P
Old Sep 16th 2005, 5:25 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by patmoss
Guys,

best wishes

Patmoss
Capalaba, is a great area. Some lovely houses, and great proximity to welly point. Good shopping, and some beautiful homes. Some unfortunately with powerlines lol
Old Sep 16th 2005, 5:32 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Capalaba, is a great area. Some lovely houses, and great proximity to welly point. Good shopping, and some beautiful homes. Some unfortunately with powerlines lol
May not be an issue if tonight's storm comes through......

WW
Old Sep 16th 2005, 5:34 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
May not be an issue if tonight's storm comes through......

WW

Your damn right there, was workin in Manly today, and the westerlys are a BLOWIN lol... i reckon we is in for a hum dinger !
Old Sep 16th 2005, 7:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Your damn right there, was workin in Manly today, and the westerlys are a BLOWIN lol... i reckon we is in for a hum dinger !
It's a nor-easterly that's feeding this storm with warm moist air.

http://mirror.bom.gov.au/products/IDR503.shtml

The bottom left hand corner is shaping up nicely. A bit more colour and may regret that! :scared:

If it blows over the neighbour's b*****y tree I'll be happy. No more leaves in the pool

WW
Old Sep 16th 2005, 8:11 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Plenty of severe weather expected across South East Qld in the next 24 hours, also a fire danger in much of the State. Very strong winds likely, so tie down anything you've got lying around outside.
Old Sep 16th 2005, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

Brizbound will become famous soon enoughBrizbound will become famous soon enough

My opinion only of course but I'd say it was a sh*thole. Great for Kmart, Big W or paint shops and light industrial stuff. Otherwise soulless and a bit of a rough edge. Many better places I think out East. Cleveland for 1.
Old Sep 16th 2005, 9:04 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Plenty of severe weather expected across South East Qld in the next 24 hours, also a fire danger in much of the State. Very strong winds likely, so tie down anything you've got lying around outside.
Heres me thinkin it was BIX after a Biryani lol

Its blowin a gale here, my Windmill is gonna takeoff, bloody thing works an internal rod which pumps from a bore... so if dont rain .. i may get flooded anyways lmao

Steve
Old Sep 16th 2005, 10:26 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brizbound
My opinion only of course but I'd say it was a sh*thole. Great for Kmart, Big W or paint shops and light industrial stuff. Otherwise soulless and a bit of a rough edge. Many better places I think out East. Cleveland for 1.
I won't say shithole, but tend to agree with the rest of the sentiments. There are alot better places in the bayside area (& in Brisbane generally) to live .
Old Sep 16th 2005, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

Brizbound will become famous soon enoughBrizbound will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
I won't say shithole, but tend to agree with the rest of the sentiments. There are alot better places in the bayside area (& in Brisbane generally) to live .
Sh*thole may be harsh. As a counter I'll also say that on the periphery there does seem to be some good acreages - although these may be more Chandler and Capalaba West rather than the retail quagmire that is the Capalaba that we all know and love. That said, it does have a great seafood shop - possibly the best I know.
However to counter even that I have noticed a funny sewerage smell (no really!) for the last couple of months between Finucane and Redland Bay roads near Clive Anthony's.
Old Sep 16th 2005, 11:02 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brizbound
Sh*thole may be harsh. As a counter I'll also say that on the periphery there does seem to be some good acreages - although these may be more Chandler and Capalaba West rather than the retail quagmire that is the Capalaba that we all know and love. That said, it does have a great seafood shop - possibly the best I know.
However to counter even that I have noticed a funny sewerage smell (no really!) for the last couple of months between Finucane and Redland Bay roads near Clive Anthony's.
Agreed, the seafood shop is fab, best I know of in Brisbane too .

Also agree about the acreage areas, some are ok, although I once took a drive into the Bacton St area up at Chandler to look at some land & the amount of black rubber on the road was enough to put new tyres on an 18 wheeler had it been scraped up :scared: .

Have to say I havent noticed the smell down at Clive Anthony's area & Ive been down that way a bit in the last week or so.

Last edited by MrsDagboy; Sep 16th 2005 at 12:40 pm. Reason: typo!