Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cannot find 'short let' accomodation anywhere

Cannot find 'short let' accomodation anywhere

Old Apr 9th 2007, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

Bonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to all
Default Cannot find 'short let' accomodation anywhere

Please can someone help me, with "short let" accomodation, in Cleveland,Brisbane, or close by. We're flying out on in May 25th, to validate our visas, and leave July 31st, staying for two and a bit months, but cannot find anything to rent, I'm getting seriously stressed, everytime I come online, to try and locate something.

I need a two bedroom place, and preferably without a pool. I really don't care what type of place, flat, cottage, house..whatever, but need it to be furnished.

I've gone through every website mentioned in these pages, I've searched until I'm almost screaming with frustration.

can anyone help??

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaasssseeeeeeee

Bonny
Old Apr 10th 2007, 1:07 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cannot find 'short let' accomodation anywhere

Hi,

Furnished rental accomodation is almost impossible to find here as landlords very rarely do it. Would a motel be any good? I found it on yellowpages.com.au. Have a look there for other options but I think your only other choice will be an actual hotel.

http://www.cvvmotel.com.au/

A couple of members on here do furnished short term accomodation but they tend to be bigger houses. Have you tried Mrs Dagboy? I think she gets booked up way ahead and her property's not on Cleveland but is in the Bayside.

Jane
Old Apr 10th 2007, 2:08 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bonnybute
Please can someone help me, with "short let" accomodation, in Cleveland,Brisbane, or close by. We're flying out on in May 25th, to validate our visas, and leave July 31st, staying for two and a bit months, but cannot find anything to rent, I'm getting seriously stressed, everytime I come online, to try and locate something.

I need a two bedroom place, and preferably without a pool. I really don't care what type of place, flat, cottage, house..whatever, but need it to be furnished.

I've gone through every website mentioned in these pages, I've searched until I'm almost screaming with frustration.

can anyone help??

Bonny
Would have thought your best bet would be one of the camp sites like Big4... For 10 weeks you'd be able to do a deal as well...
Old Apr 10th 2007, 3:09 am
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

can anyone help??

Bonny
why dont you just rent a flat/apartment on a short term tenancy as if you have moved there. it would be cheaper than short term rentals in the long run.

Have a look at the courier mail online.

Tell em you will pay all the 2 and a bit months rent up front

you can go into a hotel for a few days while you look for a place in shop windows and ocal papers. Thats what we are doing. The web just scratches the surface on rentals. Whjen you get there there will be free newspapers and magazines with all the stuff in i found

How much you want to pay will have a bearing on what you can get, and for how many people?

al
Old Apr 10th 2007, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

Bonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to all

Originally Posted by rodders39
Would have thought your best bet would be one of the camp sites like Big4... For 10 weeks you'd be able to do a deal as well...

Thanks guys, still looking
Old Apr 10th 2007, 10:21 pm

Alana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to behold

Hiya,
We are renting a fully furnished house in Sangate for 4 weeks and found it on stayz.com.au.
PM me if you cant find the site.Good luck
Andy
Old Apr 10th 2007, 10:33 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alana and Arrons mum
Hiya,
We are renting a fully furnished house in Sangate for 4 weeks and found it on stayz.com.au.
PM me if you cant find the site.Good luck
Andy
Alexandra Cottage ? We got it from Late june to Mid July. Prout cottage for the first few weeks. Both on stayz, but it was pretty hard to find a house rather that apartment that was short term and available.

Bonny, you might suffer because of school holidays at the start of july.. Not tempted to travel around a bit ?
Old Apr 11th 2007, 12:36 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Mrs Dagboy on this site has accommodation near that area. Try PMing her.

Buzzy
Old Apr 11th 2007, 2:19 am
Forum Regular

karmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant future

Hi there,
Try the Jacaranda Lodge in Springwood, Brisbane. You can PM me if you want their contact details as I'll need to go find them. We stayed there for around 5 weeks and it was lovely. They do have a pool though, thats the only thing. Still, it's big enough and there's like a double bed and three singles in an open plan loft space.
Good luck.
Tracy
x
Old Apr 11th 2007, 7:00 am
dmf
Forum Regular

dmf will become famous soon enough

Some friends have just put their website together - link http://www.sadlershomestay.com.au

It is probably bigger than what you are looking for but good location.

Dawn
Old Apr 11th 2007, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

Thank you, this is a great help..

Bonny
Old Apr 11th 2007, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Jensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Mrs Dagboy on this site has accommodation near that area. Try PMing her.

Buzzy
We stayed there last August and I think they said they're switching over to longer term rental.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 9:43 am
Just Joined

jtu100 is an unknown quantity at this point

Try www.gumtree.com.au . There are usually loads of short-term rentals on there.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jtu100
Try www.gumtree.com.au . There are usually loads of short-term rentals on there.
that's an fantastic website,

thank you
Old Apr 11th 2007, 6:06 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

that's an fantastic website,

thank you
Exists in the uk too http://www.gumtree.com/

great for selling things before you go. Its completely free