Canberra

Old Feb 15th 2013, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

macatack007 is a name known to allmacatack007 is a name known to allmacatack007 is a name known to allmacatack007 is a name known to allmacatack007 is a name known to allmacatack007 is a name known to allmacatack007 is a name known to allmacatack007 is a name known to allmacatack007 is a name known to allmacatack007 is a name known to allmacatack007 is a name known to all
Default Canberra

So, after some research and the great help/advice from you guys on xpats I understand, as a prison officer the state of Canberra will sponsor me for a 190 visa (all being well).

I have been trying to find out what the cost of properties are in that area and I can only find a handful for sale. I am not kidding, I put a search in on real estate and got 4 houses. Am I doing something wrong (DOH!!!!)
Old Feb 15th 2013, 6:49 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canberra

Originally Posted by macatack007
So, after some research and the great help/advice from you guys on xpats I understand, as a prison officer the state of Canberra will sponsor me for a 190 visa (all being well).

I have been trying to find out what the cost of properties are in that area and I can only find a handful for sale. I am not kidding, I put a search in on real estate and got 4 houses. Am I doing something wrong (DOH!!!!)
Hi Macatack007

Possibly something you're doing

I put in Canberra - greater region, and also Griffith and Forrest - two areaas close to Canberra CBD - I got 1377 results for property for sale

Realestate only searches the area you put in and surrounding suburbs, so if I put in Adelaide, I get Adelaide CBD and any neighbouring suburb, but no where further out such as Glenelg, or similar. You might be doing the same with canberra, and only returning CBD results (particularly if you've unchecked the neighbouring suburbs box )

Have another go and let us know how you get on
Old Feb 15th 2013, 7:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Most Canberra properties are on www.allhomes.com.au and there isn't a place called Canberra per se there are a gazillion suburbs. Anywhere in the ACT is pretty much accessible from anywhere else but closest to the McConachie Centre (jail) would probably be Jerrabomberra but the caveat there is that it is in NSW not ACT so some services would be NSW - education is one of them and many people would prefer their kids in ACT schools but don't have automatic entry. Aim for the inner South or Woden area if you want ACT suburbs close by but, really, anywhere would be ok
Old Feb 15th 2013, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

macatack007 is a name known to allmacatack007 is a name known to allmacatack007 is a name known to allmacatack007 is a name known to allmacatack007 is a name known to allmacatack007 is a name known to allmacatack007 is a name known to allmacatack007 is a name known to allmacatack007 is a name known to allmacatack007 is a name known to allmacatack007 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Hi Macatack007

Possibly something you're doing

I put in Canberra - greater region, and also Griffith and Forrest - two areaas close to Canberra CBD - I got 1377 results for property for sale

Realestate only searches the area you put in and surrounding suburbs, so if I put in Adelaide, I get Adelaide CBD and any neighbouring suburb, but no where further out such as Glenelg, or similar. You might be doing the same with canberra, and only returning CBD results (particularly if you've unchecked the neighbouring suburbs box )

Have another go and let us know how you get on
Doh ok I will try again lol
Old Feb 15th 2013, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by quoll
Most Canberra properties are on www.allhomes.com.au and there isn't a place called Canberra per se there are a gazillion suburbs. Anywhere in the ACT is pretty much accessible from anywhere else but closest to the McConachie Centre (jail) would probably be Jerrabomberra but the caveat there is that it is in NSW not ACT so some services would be NSW - education is one of them and many people would prefer their kids in ACT schools but don't have automatic entry. Aim for the inner South or Woden area if you want ACT suburbs close by but, really, anywhere would be ok
Ah thank you for the link appreciate it.
Old Feb 15th 2013, 9:49 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Doh ok I will try again lol
Something I struggled to understand when I came here....if I was looking for a "suburb" I was thinking of an outer area,the outlying parts of a town, like in the UK. I assumed that everywhere within the first couple of miles range of the city centre (CBD) was part of the "city". It took a while to realise that even somewhere like where I live now, a stones throw from the middle of Brisbane, is actually called a "suburb".
Imagine a whole load of towns -maybe Portsmouth/Southampton/Winchester/Romsey all crammed close together instead of having countryside in between - each one would be called a "suburb", not a "town" and the suburbs can reach out for 20-30 miles from the CBD.

Hope that makes sense to you and anyone else confused by it !
Old Feb 15th 2013, 9:54 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

First thing...Canberra is a city. ACT is the state.
Old Feb 15th 2013, 11:07 pm
Banned

pomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of light

how the hell is that on the skilled list, could train a local to do it in a week surely, it's not rocket science, no wonder this country is going to the dogs.

No offense to you personally but I just cannot believe that being a turnkey would get you a skilled migrant visa, I'm writing to the minister to complain.
Old Feb 15th 2013, 11:49 pm
CHC-MEL commute since 91

derab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Something I struggled to understand when I came here....if I was looking for a "suburb" I was thinking of an outer area,the outlying parts of a town, like in the UK. I assumed that everywhere within the first couple of miles range of the city centre (CBD) was part of the "city". It took a while to realise that even somewhere like where I live now, a stones throw from the middle of Brisbane, is actually called a "suburb".
Imagine a whole load of towns -maybe Portsmouth/Southampton/Winchester/Romsey all crammed close together instead of having countryside in between - each one would be called a "suburb", not a "town" and the suburbs can reach out for 20-30 miles from the CBD.

Hope that makes sense to you and anyone else confused by it !
The way I think of it is that it's more like London is, you have the city of London, Westminster, Whitechapel, Mile end, Richmond, Chelsea, Knightsbridge, Kensington .etc. etc. London itself is only 1 Square mile in size. In my time in "London" I lived in Palmers Green, Swiss cottage, Rotherhithe, Leyton, Lewisham, Catford and New Cross. But they are all London.
Old Feb 15th 2013, 11:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pomikev
how the hell is that on the skilled list, could train a local to do it in a week surely, it's not rocket science, no wonder this country is going to the dogs.

No offense to you personally but I just cannot believe that being a turnkey would get you a skilled migrant visa, I'm writing to the minister to complain.
Pomikev
JUST FOR YOU!!!!!!!
You arrogant uneducated individual. Turn key. I go to work every morning and think if I am going to come home to my family at night. In my 13 years in the prison service working with young offender Cat B and Cat C adult male., I have been covered in sick, urine, faeces, constantly spat at, constantly assaulted, had hot water, with sugar added, just for that extra stickiness and pain to the face and skin. I have almost been set on fire, I enter wings with other officers where there are 200 prisoners rioting with a shield and a baton to protect us . I have to deal with men, who are drug addicts, have mental health issues have personality disorders aids, hep B/C blah blah blah blah.

I have had a prisoner laying on my lap, me covered in his blood after he opened the veins in his neck and my fingers stuffed in the whole to stop the bleeding. I have held the danggling legs of offenders as young as 15 and men of 40 who I have found hanging in their cell because they cant handle it anymore. Do you think a weeks training is suffice.

I patrol a landing full of rapists, arsonist, MURDERERS, paedophiles etc etc etc and I do that all on my own everyday with the risk of being taken hostage, seriously assaulted or killed.

HOW DARE YOU JUDGE THE ROLE OF A PRISON OFFICER WHEN YOU KNOW F**K ALL? (I don’t care if I am banned from the site for the previous comment, you deserved it!!!!!) YOU’RE A DISCRACE!!!!!
Ps what do you do, sit behind a comfy desk, work in I.T mmmm bet its nice and safe eh!!!!!

If you want educated in the matter then please read the below links and do some research yourself and when you have do so, I will be waiting for your apology in calling it an easy job and officers just a turn key

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8054630.stm

http://www.poauk.org.uk/index.php?cu...ent-prisonsers.

I guess you will reply with a sarcy comment and try to worm your way out of the things you have commented in your post. I am so looking forward to your reply.
Old Feb 15th 2013, 11:59 pm
Banned

pomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of light

If you want educated in the matter then please read the below links
Actually the correct grammar is "If you want to be educated", I would get someone else to fill out your visa application for you.
Old Feb 16th 2013, 12:05 am
Forum Regular

Actually the correct grammar is "If you want to be educated", I would get someone else to fill out your visa application for you.
Yes I stand corrected but its now just gone 1am and I have been up since 5.30am so I don't think I am doing too bad don't you. Glad you proved me right though about the sacry comment, not even met you and I know your character, didn't take a weeks training for that now eh!!!
Old Feb 16th 2013, 12:18 am
Banned

Yes I stand corrected but its now just gone 1am and I have been up since 5.30am so I don't think I am doing too bad don't you. Glad you proved me right though about the sacry comment, not even met you and I know your character, didn't take a weeks training for that now eh!!!
There should be an apostrophe in the word "it's" in the context you have used it, signifying the intended meaning was "it has".

Nothing you do in life requires a weeks training.

Good night Mr Mackay.
Old Feb 16th 2013, 3:05 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

Canberra is a village. ACT is a territory.
Originally Posted by Dorothy
First thing...Canberra is a city. ACT is the state.
Old Feb 16th 2013, 4:49 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Kev, when did you last read the skills list? Locals can be trained - and are trained - to do the vast majority of jobs on it, but if they don't want to do those jobs then they have to be filled from elsewhere, hence the skills in demand list. And if someone is "lucky"enough to find their job on it, good luck to them!
I take my hat off to anyone doing macatack007's job, I certainly wouldn't want it, not in either country.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.