Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Canadians headed to Australia

Canadians headed to Australia

Old Jan 19th 2010, 6:45 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadians headed to Australia

Originally Posted by comet555
We've used Ozforex several times. I find them far better than dealing with the bank. Ozforex is faster and the rate is always better too... plus there seems to be less hassle. It can take a bit of work to set it up but not too bad and it's definitely worth it.

There's also someone on the Canucks Abroad message board looking for people in perth. Perhaps I'll direct here to this thread.
I've tried joining them but rarely get any response. Will take another look when I get home. I'm currently busy at work.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 6:48 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I've tried joining them but rarely get any response. Will take another look when I get home. I'm currently busy at work.
I'm posting a response there at the moment. Hopefully they'll take a look at this thread. Too bad we're not in Perth!
Old Jan 19th 2010, 6:53 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm posting a response there at the moment. Hopefully they'll take a look at this thread. Too bad we're not in Perth!
Pop over for the weekend. It's only like heading from Vancouver to TO. You know there's a room at my house for you.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 7:04 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Pop over for the weekend. It's only like heading from Vancouver to TO. You know there's a room at my house for you.
I think it's in the plans, I'm sure I'll make it out at some point. I can't leave without at least meeting you once! Plus, it'd be nice to see both sides of the country

I'm actually hoping that the national ice hockey tournament might be in Perth. I highly doubt it as they haven't had a team in the tournament in the few years we've been here, but perhaps they just don't want to travel east? If there was a tournament there I could stay a few extra days to visit

If not, I'll just have to make my way over in the next 6 months! Will have to check and see when the big air race is....
Old Jan 19th 2010, 8:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Japonica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's in the plans, I'm sure I'll make it out at some point. I can't leave without at least meeting you once! Plus, it'd be nice to see both sides of the country

I'm actually hoping that the national ice hockey tournament might be in Perth. I highly doubt it as they haven't had a team in the tournament in the few years we've been here, but perhaps they just don't want to travel east? If there was a tournament there I could stay a few extra days to visit

If not, I'll just have to make my way over in the next 6 months! Will have to check and see when the big air race is....
Yeah, you'll have to come out and see what the boredom is about *kidding*

Ironically, Perth was only one of two big cities I missed when I backpacked around Australia 20 years ago (oh crap, giving away my age). I did a circuit route starting at Melbourne, going to Adelaide, Alice, Uluru (not a city but you get my point), Darwin, Cairns, Brisbane, Sydney, back to Melbourne. And back then...no cheap flights. Everything was either Qantas or Ansett. All my travelling was done by bus except for the Alice-Darwin-Cairns leg. Brissie was lovely when I saw it last...I can only imagine how much it's changed.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 8:40 am
Just Joined

casey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dollys_girl
Dorothy,

We've exchanged posts before. We lived in Oakville for the past 5 years but I am originally from Vancouver. If I recall correctly, you used to live in Lions Bay. Yes, I know the intersection you were brought up around. My turning point to get to Springridge Farms in Milton.

Can you point me towards any discussions related to Canadian/American food to be found in Perth? My son is going through rootbeer withdrawal - among other foods we still remember too fondly. I have seen some posts elsewhere suggesting ethnic or asian stores carrying some things but no store names. Also any thoughts on how to find a family doctor or dentist? We are NOR in Wembley.

I'll be on the board more frequently now.

Audrey
Welcome to Wembley!
You can get root beer at the International food court on cambridge st (behind wembley pub)! I think I have also bought it at the asian supermarket next to Herdmans Fresh. It is often available at the asian food stores in Northbridge.
Hope you are coping in the heat!
Old Jan 19th 2010, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

twinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nice

Let's arrange something for one day in February to get together. We live north, but we're happy to travel. Shall we look at meeting in King's Park one day? I'll get my mum to send me over a Canadian Flag so you can all find us.

I'd love to be included in a meet up too.....not too many of us canucks around. Happend to be at our local licensing place a few weeks ago and overheard a couple talking about canadian driving licences... sure enough they have just moved over here 3 months ago and live 5 minutes from us.

Poor girl is having a terrible case of homesickness.... so I have told her I am available for talks.

Let me know about any meetups... we are NOR as well.

Cheers

Karen
Old Jan 19th 2010, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Japonica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond repute

Karen...PMed you...
Old Jan 19th 2010, 10:54 am
Still alive

Originally Posted by twinsmom65
I'd love to be included in a meet up too.....not too many of us canucks around. Happend to be at our local licensing place a few weeks ago and overheard a couple talking about canadian driving licences... sure enough they have just moved over here 3 months ago and live 5 minutes from us.

Poor girl is having a terrible case of homesickness.... so I have told her I am available for talks.

Let me know about any meetups... we are NOR as well.

Cheers

Karen
We'd love you to come along. Why don't you invite the homesick one along too. We'll soon have her sorted.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 11:59 am
BE Forum Addict

We'd love you to come along. Why don't you invite the homesick one along too. We'll soon have her sorted.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 12:02 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Canuks dont come to oz,it's way too exciting'you'll be exhausted within a week
Old Jan 19th 2010, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Old Jan 19th 2010, 9:17 pm
Still alive

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
It's ok Bernie. Most of us are in Perth where the boredom factor is as high as the UV.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 11:26 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

It's ok Bernie. Most of us are in Perth where the boredom factor is as high as the UV.
Perfect home from home
Old Feb 8th 2010, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Toronto, Canada - Darwin NT - Newcastle NSW - Toronto - Townsville QLD - Brisbane - Toronto
paularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud of

Our day has finally arrived and we are headed to Townsville this evening. Feeling a bit nervous - although I have lived there before, so know what to expect, its just leaving family behind (again).

I sent our dog on Saturday night, so she is in quarantine in Sydney. Proud of myself that I did it all myself without the help of a pet transporter.

I have rented us a house, which we can move into on the 24th.

Had a phone interview last week, which I think I sucked at, so am not expecting to get it. Hubby has a possible lead on a job, hopefully that works out for him.

Anyway, winter hasn't been bad in this part of Canada, but am looking forward to the warmer weather.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.