British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Canadian expat to be (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/canadian-expat-403003/)

Canada Southbound Oct 18th 2006 10:44 pm

Canadian expat to be

Hi all. I'm David, 35. Single no kids. Canadian, have lived in Toronto, Vancouver, and Calgary areas. Have worked for the movie industry (corp. side) for seven years. Education in film/production. Just returned from trip to NZ. Next is Sydney. Then I hope to find an emmigration opportunity to NZ or Oz. May be 2 or so years before I actually leave, but starting everything to prep. now. Although I'm not British, this seems the most extensive and well used site I've seen yet, so I joined up. :)

comet555 Oct 18th 2006 11:03 pm

Re: Canadian expat to be

Welcome to the site David,

You'll find a few Canucks here. We sent off our application in June and are anxiously awaiting news. We're hoping to have the visa by the end of November or early December. We're headed to Hunter Valley, New South Wales - hopefully by February.

If you have any questions feel free to post questions or PM people directly. Everyone is very helpful here.

Haley

Sue Oct 24th 2006 12:15 am

Originally Posted by Canada Southbound
Hi all. I'm David, 35. Single no kids. Canadian, have lived in Toronto, Vancouver, and Calgary areas. Have worked for the movie industry (corp. side) for seven years. Education in film/production. Just returned from trip to NZ. Next is Sydney. Then I hope to find an emmigration opportunity to NZ or Oz. May be 2 or so years before I actually leave, but starting everything to prep. now. Although I'm not British, this seems the most extensive and well used site I've seen yet, so I joined up. :)

Welcome to our site. I'm sure you will make lots of friends here .... we are a really friendly bunch :)

Clippy Oct 25th 2006 8:52 am

Welcome to the site :)

I looooove Canada :)

brissydeb Oct 25th 2006 8:51 pm

Hi Canada Southbound

We were in Canada in February on a reckie, would take us 3/5 years to move there so decided to move down under!!! Lovely country/ people.......hope to meet some Canadians when we move to Brisbane.Where are you hoping to head?

brido Nov 3rd 2006 3:23 am

Hi Canada Southbound(and any other Canadians)

I still have fond memories fo living in Canada when i was younger for 4 years.
Summers were great,winters were cold!!!
Who could forget walking to school in winter at -41 degs(wind chill factor incl) :scared:

Im looking forward to heading from one extreme to the other when we get to Queensland,and i hope we last longer than my parents did in Canada.

Canada = Great Country,great memories,and "The Great One" (Gretzky) :)