Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can you post something for me plz?

Can you post something for me plz?

Old Sep 27th 2008, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

TheDaddy will become famous soon enough
Default Can you post something for me plz?

Hey, ive been talking and dreaming of moving to aussie with the missus for a year now. The thing is, we have never been so dont know where to go. The main draw would be where we can get jobs, shes a qualified Pediatric nurse and im a Plasterer.

Heres my cheeky thinking. Could some of you maybe post copies of local rag jobs offered etc? maybe info on hospital recruitment from personal experience etc? It dont matter where you live.

:P
Old Sep 27th 2008, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

Katehn will become famous soon enoughKatehn will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Can you post something for me plz?

Originally Posted by TheDaddy
Hey, ive been talking and dreaming of moving to aussie with the missus for a year now. The thing is, we have never been so dont know where to go. The main draw would be where we can get jobs, shes a qualified Pediatric nurse and im a Plasterer.

Heres my cheeky thinking. Could some of you maybe post copies of local rag jobs offered etc? maybe info on hospital recruitment from personal experience etc? It dont matter where you live.

have a look on seek.au
Old Sep 27th 2008, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

Ive looked on sites like that but theres never many jobs at all. I searched the whole of Aus for a plastering job, i got 31 results?

I hear theres a lot of jobs from people who have been over being advertised in local rags etc.
Old Sep 27th 2008, 11:09 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Katehn
have a look on seek.au
You mean www.seek.com.au?
Old Sep 27th 2008, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The Bloke

Yeh i think she did, that is the site ive searched plenty of times with only a few plastering jobs coming up, and that scares me lol.
Old Sep 27th 2008, 11:39 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

There is a nursiing forum here as well as masses of threads on nursing experiences, both good and bad.

For jobs, have a look at www.seek.com.au and www.careerone.com.au The vast majority of jobs on the papers go onto www.careerone.com.au

Please don't post the actual job ads on here or I'll have to spend all night taking them off again!!!

Last edited by Pollyana; Sep 27th 2008 at 11:43 am.
Old Sep 27th 2008, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Try www.thewest.com.au

This is the local job paper for Perth and has jobs in it on wednesdays and Saturdays.

Sarah
Old Sep 27th 2008, 11:55 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeh i think she did, that is the site ive searched plenty of times with only a few plastering jobs coming up, and that scares me lol.
I don't know a lot about this but I get the impression that plastering is different down here. I've been doing a bit of reno here and plastering seems to consist of putting up board and covering over the joins. On Grand Designs plastering seems to be full rendering.

Maybe you should be looking for rendering work on seek (etc...)

Just trying to help but this is not really my field.
Old Sep 27th 2008, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

Tellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really nice

I don't know where you live but there is an Opportunites Australia Expo in Leeds at the beginning of October. If you go on their website it tells you who will be attending. We went to the one in April and I am sure that there were people there recruting hospital staff.

Hope it helps
Nikky
Old Sep 27th 2008, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

All the public hospitals in WA advertise job vacancies on www.jobs.wa.gov.au
Tracie
Old Sep 27th 2008, 1:17 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
I don't know a lot about this but I get the impression that plastering is different down here. I've been doing a bit of reno here and plastering seems to consist of putting up board and covering over the joins. On Grand Designs plastering seems to be full rendering.

Maybe you should be looking for rendering work on seek (etc...)

Just trying to help but this is not really my field.
In WA we don't use gyprock and tape. It's brick interior walls with plaster rendering.
Old Sep 27th 2008, 11:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

Have you just googled for the jobs you are interested in. My Career and Seek usually have plenty.

The local rags in Melbourne are Leader Newspapers and Independent Newspapers you could have a look at their sites.

Also register with Seek and the other on line agencies and they send you emails with jobs. I am retired but I still get jobs sent to me by Seek as I might decide to work (not likely now) .
Old Sep 28th 2008, 3:37 am
BE Enthusiast

calNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to all

Hi if you go onto qld health site your wife can apply direct make sure she asks about relocation cost , as for plastering job i would ring round local firms on your arrival as emailing companies from uk may be a waist of time, unless you are very lucky. good luck Gary
Old Sep 29th 2008, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for all your replies guys!

So

WA = float and skim?
NSW etc = tape and joint?

hummmm! I think i will wait on the girlfriend getting a place at a hospital, and i will come over with her, try find a job and learn the aussie way of rendering, as tape and jointing is against my beliefs as a wet plasterer lol.

I think ill go to that leeds expo! will be easier talking to the people face to face who can make things happen eh

Thanks again
Old Oct 1st 2008, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

jillandsi will become famous soon enough

Hi,

My sister is a Pediatric nurse, she has been offered a job at the Princess Margaret Children's hospital in Subiaco, Perth. We went over on a reccie in March this year and she just went in with her C.V etc, spoke to admin who sent an e-mail to all the departments in the hospital and within 5 minutes a few of the departments phoned personel to see if she was still waiting and to express interest in seeing her. She got a tour of the hospital and pending everything checking out she was offered a job in Neo-natal for as soon as she could get there. They said not to worry about the time factor with regards to not having applied for the visa yet as there were currently about 7 vacancies on that unit so there will be a job available for whenever she gets there. She has applied for a 457 visa and they are paying up to 10,000
($/£?) of costs for her, 1/2 when they are incurred and 1/2 at the end of the first year of employment for things such as flights, shipping, first few months rent etc.

Jillian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.