Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can You Help ??????

Can You Help ??????

Old Jan 15th 2007, 9:08 pm
NO1SPARKY!

martin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud of
Default Can You Help ??????

Can You Tell Me:scared:

I Want to book medicals not been asked for them i just want to get in front. Spoke to my doctors and a medical check will cost £75 Pounds each , and would include a cerfificate.

Question 1:- do the kids have to under go a medical, there ages will be 10, 9, 4 ??

Question 2:- on one of the chat rooms someone was saying that they were having xrays with there medicals. as far as i now we wont get a xray during ours do i have to have one ??

Kind Regards

Martin
Old Jan 15th 2007, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

SweetGirl has much to be proud ofSweetGirl has much to be proud ofSweetGirl has much to be proud ofSweetGirl has much to be proud ofSweetGirl has much to be proud ofSweetGirl has much to be proud ofSweetGirl has much to be proud ofSweetGirl has much to be proud ofSweetGirl has much to be proud ofSweetGirl has much to be proud ofSweetGirl has much to be proud of
Default Re: Can You Help ??????

yep as far as i know you will have to have x-rsys for the 2 adults and the kids to make sure you arent carrying T.B>But the kids dont need blood test.Please correct me if I am wrong.
Old Jan 15th 2007, 11:27 pm
Forum Regular

Libby1971 is on a distinguished road

Hi

Just had our meds so can help on this one...

Everyone has a medical. You can only go to doctors who are on an approved list so double check.

Everyone over the age of 11 has a chest xray. If you are over 15, you need a blood test for HIV.

You also need to take a letter with you from any doctor, esp consultant, that have been involved in your care which must indicate a prognosis for the condition you have, if any. In our case, it was very difficult to find any consultant who was prepared to write a letter (although important to us, it clearly wasn't to them and not one sent a letter in time to take it to the meds). We arranged for copies of letters sent to adn from our GP to any consultant and the panel doc we saw was great adn thoght that gave a much clearer view of the conditions concerned.

I am 35, hubbie is 45, daughter aged 13 and 10 and in total we paid about £800.

Xray cost £50 each for 3 of us.
My med and hubbie med cost £190 each.
Daughter one cost £150 plus a £30 rsult for inconclusive results on one test.
Daughter two cost £90.

hope this gives you a clear picture
Old Jan 16th 2007, 3:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by martin4414
Can You Tell Me:scared:

I Want to book medicals not been asked for them i just want to get in front. Spoke to my doctors and a medical check will cost £75 Pounds each , and would include a cerfificate.

Question 1:- do the kids have to under go a medical, there ages will be 10, 9, 4 ??

Question 2:- on one of the chat rooms someone was saying that they were having xrays with there medicals. as far as i now we wont get a xray during ours do i have to have one ??

Kind Regards

Martin
:scared: Your own doctor can't do them
Old Jan 16th 2007, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

The Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=martin4414;4287828]Can You Tell Me:scared:

Kind Regards

Hello
You have to book medicals and xrays with an authorised doctor, there is a list of them on the immi website. You can also download and print off the forms you need to take with you to the medical.
I don't know if children have to have the medical, but i'm sure someone will answer your question on here.
Hope this helps, Sue
Old Jan 16th 2007, 10:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, the kids will have to have medicals as well. Although they are usually less in depth and the should charge you less for them.
Old Jan 16th 2007, 12:09 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Firstly, there are slightly different requirements for medicals for different visa classes. Therefore, check the relevant booklet from www.immi.gov.au for your visa type so you know what you need and where the doctor should send the medical.

Secondly, you can't get the medical done at your own GP. It has to be a DIMA approved panel doctor. The list for the UK is here:
http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/over...el-doctors.htm

Thirdly, when you go for your medical you need to take two forms with you for every family member that needs a medical (and complete the forms before you go).
You can download the forms here:
http://www.australia.org.uk/lhlh/health.html
Scroll down to the very bottom of the above page. Ignore the comment that it's for people applying in London. Ignore the comment that you should await instructions - it's o.k. to frontload medicals. Download the three forms. Read the instructions!

Fourthly: Be aware that when you get the visa it comes with a deadline for your first entry date to Australia. This is the date by which you MUST set foot in Oz, even if it's just for a quick holiday. This is called the "visa validation date". This date is never later (sometimes earlier) than 12 months from the date you take the medicals or the date on your police checks - whichever is the earlier date.

We lodged our visa application and then booked our medicals (unrequested) four months later. That way the results were with DIMA just at the time our file was getting to the top of the pile. To get the timing right (MODL applications are dealt with a bit quicker than non-MODL), you can check timelines at www.austimeline.com .

Gina

P.S. Don't know if you've had time to check out the other forums here, but a good forum to ask all your questions about the visa application process is here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32

Last edited by GinaUK; Jan 16th 2007 at 12:21 pm.
Old Jan 16th 2007, 6:18 pm
NO1SPARKY!

martin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud of

Thank you all for your help but i need to ask you all some more.

sorry but you lot now it and i want to learn it

the visa i will be applying for is a skilled independant visa will the make a differance for my medical ??

also ive not been asked for my medicals ,its just that i want to be proactive and get things in place, any coments on this????

also just sending off my police checks no been asked for this either ??

anything else that i could be doing ??

just waiting for my referances to come back and then i can send everything off to the trades recognition

ive copyed all my certs 4 times and will get them signed

with all my referances do i send originals or do i copy them as well
get them signed and send copys

also once things are signed do i send one copy to TRA and one to the visa or do i wait for and answer from TRA

MANY THANK

MARTIN:scared:
Old Jan 16th 2007, 6:26 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you all for your help but i need to ask you all some more.

sorry but you lot now it and i want to learn it

the visa i will be applying for is a skilled independant visa will the make a differance for my medical ??

also ive not been asked for my medicals ,its just that i want to be proactive and get things in place, any coments on this????

also just sending off my police checks no been asked for this either ??

just waiting for my referances to come back and then i can send everything off to the trades recognition

ive copyed all my certs 4 times and will get them signed

with all my referances do i send originals or do i copy them as well
get them signed and send copys

also once things are signed do i send one copy to TRA and one to the visa or do i wait for and answer from TRA

MANY THANK

if you follow the guidance of wendy and several other really helpful memebers you wont go far wrong mate

by the way whay trade are you ???
Old Jan 16th 2007, 6:37 pm
NO1SPARKY!

Im an electrician who had enough of working 12 14 Hrs a day to go to work in the dark and come back in the dark the wife and kids are behind me now so australia here we come

Regards

martin
Old Jan 16th 2007, 6:42 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Im an electrician who had enough of working 12 14 Hrs a day to go to work in the dark and come back in the dark the wife and kids are behind me now so australia here we come

Regards

martin
Don't forget to check out what you have to do over here to be able to work independently as a sparky... Exams 'n stuff...
Old Jan 16th 2007, 6:43 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Regards

martin

mmm
you can work 12 hrs a day over here to mate in 30+ degrees C
for alot less than in the uk too

regards steve

ps i`m a sparkie working in qld
wendies husband is a sparkie too so if you need any help just ask

Last edited by steve`o; Jan 16th 2007 at 6:45 pm. Reason: fingers are muddled again lol
Old Jan 16th 2007, 6:52 pm
NO1SPARKY!

Hi

Im a weather person so to work knowing the suns there seem a dream the process of licencing doesnt worry me im confident that i will pass there tests ive seem some of the exam paper we would have to sit so/so
as for working the hours if i had to work 15to 20 hours a day i would to get away from this place

Dont ask why i loved the uk but the last 5 years i just want to go!!

How far you guys got with the process???

Sorry i see some of you are already there (how jealous am I)dont fancy sponsoring do you LOL

IVE GOT SO MUCH TO GET DONE

Last edited by martin4414; Jan 16th 2007 at 6:56 pm.
Old Jan 16th 2007, 7:04 pm
Worongary

Hi

Im a weather person so to work knowing the suns there seem a dream the process of licencing doesnt worry me im confident that i will pass there tests ive seem some of the exam paper we would have to sit so/so
as for working the hours if i had to work 15to 20 hours a day i would to get away from this place

Dont ask why i loved the uk but the last 5 years i just want to go!!

How far you guys got with the process???

Sorry i see some of you are already there (how jealous am I)dont fancy sponsoring do you LOL

IVE GOT SO MUCH TO GET DONE
where are you heading to mate ???
Old Jan 16th 2007, 7:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

thribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond repute

I know it sounds strange, but do try and relax aswell as all of this! When we left for Aus I knew I was tired from the process, then the packing etc, but I didn't realise how bad I was. 3 months later I had to fly back to the UK for family reasons, and as I was met off the plane people said I looked fantastic. I *know* I looked awful - I looked in the mirror and a 24 hour journey on your own doesn't do wonders for anyone! That made me realise how terrible I'd looked when we left. Don't make yourself ill over it - it took me 2 months of travelling round Australia to recover, and I can't imagine that with kids you'll get that luxury!!

But if you follow the advice of the people on here that have already done it and frontloaded stuff then you'll be fine. We didn't bother with that (didn't realise that you could!).

Good luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.