Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

can you bring a car with you from nz to oz

can you bring a car with you from nz to oz

Old Apr 26th 2007, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

patsy88 is on a distinguished road
Default can you bring a car with you from nz to oz

hi can we take are car with us from new zealand to australia ,we have had it 3 years ,
Old Apr 27th 2007, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

patsy88 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: can you bring a car with you from nz to oz

could anyone please tell me where i can find out
Old Apr 28th 2007, 2:01 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by patsy88
hi can we take are car with us from new zealand to australia ,we have had it 3 years ,
Most Removal companies will do this We send cars to NZ all the time, Try Grace -NZ and get a quote................ mm
Old Apr 28th 2007, 2:10 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mr mover
Most Removal companies will do this We send cars to NZ all the time, Try Grace -NZ and get a quote................ mm
Do the same rules and regulations apply as if shipping from the rest of the world? 2 Years ownership etc?

S
Old Apr 28th 2007, 2:22 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

could anyone please tell me where i can find out
http://www.dotars.gov.au/roads/safet...importing.aspx

Funnily enough thinking about the same thing. 12 months ownership is required but you also need paperwork from 3 seperate govt departments so not sure its worth the effort.

p.s Google is your friend
Old Apr 28th 2007, 3:18 am
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

We've looked into this.
Crown said it woudl cost about 4-5k per car. That's about what they're worth so we're selling them even though to replace them would cost us more as 2nd hand cars are a bit dearer in Oz sadly.

I know emmisions are different tehre so you may have to have the air con stripped and also if it's not a model they recognise there (ours aren't) premiums are very high. If it was a classic car I'd say take it.

So I still have a couple of cars to flog :-) Good luck.

Try this site, Pickfords referred me to them. About the only helpful thing I got from them in Hamilton NZ.
http://www.dotars.gov.au/utilities/contact.aspx
r
Old May 2nd 2007, 4:48 am
BE Enthusiast

briwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nice

ours is currently on it's way from Auckland, it was worth $3000 in Nz and $10.000+ here so even with the extra cost it was worth it. We shipped in a 20ft container with all our household possessions and a scooter for NZ$8000 with Crown, car was around $2500 of that, we're expecting around another $2000 in duty, insurance, licensing, faffage etc. The CFC modifcation was no issue - took half an hour and NZ $180. The worst thing is the hassle and paperwork, and getting ten different answers to the same question from each department - and we haven't even begun with the really tough bit yet, but Dotars are incredibly nice at least!! I spose the outcome of that will reveal if it was worth it, but it's my partner's pride and joy so couldn't be left behind. We certainly didn't even think about bringing my Honda Civic although it broke my heart to part with her.
Old May 2nd 2007, 5:08 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by briwi
ours is currently on it's way from Auckland, it was worth $3000 in Nz and $10.000+ here
But wont your vechlcal will have to cary an import plate, I would think that would kill the resale value. Unlike NZ most Australians do not buy impoterd cars.
Old May 2nd 2007, 5:53 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

ours is currently on it's way from Auckland, it was worth $3000 in Nz and $10.000+ here so even with the extra cost it was worth it. We shipped in a 20ft container with all our household possessions and a scooter for NZ$8000 with Crown, car was around $2500 of that, we're expecting around another $2000 in duty, insurance, licensing, faffage etc. The CFC modifcation was no issue - took half an hour and NZ $180. The worst thing is the hassle and paperwork, and getting ten different answers to the same question from each department - and we haven't even begun with the really tough bit yet, but Dotars are incredibly nice at least!! I spose the outcome of that will reveal if it was worth it, but it's my partner's pride and joy so couldn't be left behind. We certainly didn't even think about bringing my Honda Civic although it broke my heart to part with her.
This i find hard to believe , most of the cars we send to NZ never come back,especially comodores as the resale value is so much higher in NZ.........mm
Old May 2nd 2007, 8:25 am
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

Blimey I wish they'd quoted me that. I'm up for $8760 with Crown. Might have to get another quote but it won't be Pickfords. :curse: (minus the cars) 3 bed house.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

AMBER will become famous soon enough

Hi
Did Crown organise everything for shipping over you car? Or did you get a car shipping company who then added to Crown,s container containing your furniture ect. Paul
Old Apr 9th 2008, 3:11 am
BE Enthusiast

briwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nice

Crown organised only the shipping, we had to do all the paperwork and once it got here, we actually got a clearing agent to do it for us, it wasn't cheap but they saved us money in other ways not to mention it was painless as they dealt with all the government depts.

Car and scooter have been here a year now and touch wood, all is well - and it's still worth more here than in NZ!!!!