Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can you block certain people's posts?

Can you block certain people's posts?

Old May 3rd 2004, 10:50 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Can you block certain people's posts?

Does anyone know if it's possible to block an individual's posts? I don't mean stop them posting - but just stop them being visible to me? I know that you can block PM's from people you don't want to hear from - but can you do it on the forum?

There's one individual here whose constant sniping is like a bloody broken record and irritating to the extent that I probably won't logon much more if I have to read many more of their trollish attempts to undermine the country I live in. I'm happy to read anyone's views of Australia - good or bad, which is why I'm here - but I've reached my limit as far as this person is concerned. And please don't say 'just don't read their posts' because they post in almost all threads, so it's impossible to avoid them.

I don't want to spoil everyone else's enjoyment of this individual's desire to 'educate' them as to what Australia is really like - I just want to block their posts from my view of the forum. Can it be done?
Old May 3rd 2004, 11:00 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can you block certain people's posts?

Originally posted by nickyc
Does anyone know if it's possible to block an individual's posts?
I believe it is. See http://britishexpats.com/forum/misc....q&page=1#buddy
Old May 3rd 2004, 11:01 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

There is the ignore button. Is ignorance bliss?
Old May 3rd 2004, 11:11 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by bondipom
There is the ignore button. Is ignorance bliss?
Unfortunately the ignore option doesn't work 100%, as you still get to see some of the posts when other people quote them.

And then, curiosity often gets the better of you, to see what was actually said in full !!

Sometimes I think that not logging in is a good option

But that comes down to how much aggro each individual can take, or wants to take.

Has anyone noticed a drop off of previously regular posters here recently ?

Old May 3rd 2004, 1:15 pm
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

There's one individual here whose constant sniping is like a bloody broken record and irritating to the extent that I probably won't logon much more if I have to read many more of their trollish attempts to undermine the country I live in.
I wonder who she means
Old May 3rd 2004, 1:34 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by pompeywill
I wonder who she means
Got me
Old May 3rd 2004, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you folks.

The ignore button has now been activated and was just what I was looking for.

Blood pressure should remain steadier from now on.
Old May 3rd 2004, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road

I wonder who she means

Not sure but I believe those who provide a "public service" are wonderfully philanthropic
Old May 3rd 2004, 4:09 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

I wonder who she means

ask her a question and if she doesn't reply then it's you....

(don’t take this personally, I’m not implying anything)

Last edited by scutterUK; May 3rd 2004 at 4:13 pm.
Old May 4th 2004, 12:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by scutterUK
ask her a question and if she doesn't reply then it's you....

(don’t take this personally, I’m not implying anything)

I can happily confirm that it's no-one on this thread
Old May 4th 2004, 1:57 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
Sometimes I think that not logging in is a good option
I think you're right!

I can happily confirm that it's no-one on this thread
Oh good, its not me then
Old May 4th 2004, 3:07 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
I think you're right!

Oh good, its not me then
Could be you. You posted after the "no one on this thread". Or are you just trying to delude yourself. You won't be able to see if it was you now either because she won't see your post (I think )
Old May 4th 2004, 3:10 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by HUP
Could be you. You posted after the "no one on this thread". Or are you just trying to delude yourself. You won't be able to see if it was you now either because she won't see your post (I think )
LOL.

Why do you think the .

Although I did wonder as she hasnt replied :scared:
Old May 4th 2004, 3:13 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by MrsDagboy

Although I did wonder as she hasnt replied :scared:
Don't let it get to you MrsD. Not everybody is gonna like you. I wouldn't let it ruin your day though .
Old May 4th 2004, 3:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by HUP
No, it's definitely not Mrs DB!

The ignore thing is quite neat - you see the heading of the post (of the person you're ignoring) with a note to say 'This person is on your Ignore list', but no text. You do get an option to view the post they make.

I haven't been tempted to look at one yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.