Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can you answer this?

Can you answer this?

Old Sep 27th 2004, 3:11 pm
Just Startin'

scotpandj is on a distinguished road
Question Can you answer this?

I was wondering, if you get in to the country on the strength of having a trade must you seek work in that trade or are you free to seek any type of employment.
Just a thought that occured to me

Thanks
Scotpandj
Old Sep 27th 2004, 3:15 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can you answer this?

As far as skilled Aus visas are concerned my understanding is you can apply for any job once you get there - you just need the skills to get the visa in the first place!
Old Sep 27th 2004, 3:29 pm
Just Startin'

Does that just apply to skilled visas?
Old Sep 27th 2004, 3:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

eintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to all

I'm hoping to go on a Skilled Sponsored Visa and am having to provide in-depth details of my IT work but when I get there I'm mowing lawns !!!!!
Old Sep 27th 2004, 3:36 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scotpandj
I was wondering, if you get in to the country on the strength of having a trade must you seek work in that trade or are you free to seek any type of employment.
Just a thought that occured to me

Thanks
Scotpandj

Hi ya,
You are free to choose any type of employment,i agree with what Bridiej says! & of course a healthy bank balance whilst you are looking
Where abouts in Glasgow you from? we,re there too!
Donna.
Old Sep 27th 2004, 3:38 pm
Just Startin'

We are in Bishopbriggs.What about you?
Old Sep 27th 2004, 3:39 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

HI eintracht,

When i get over there - i wanna mow lawns too !! (I am in IT also - perhaps it is a common job request??) If you get yer mowing job keep an eye out for one for me too?

Cheers

Jon
Old Sep 27th 2004, 3:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

eintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to all

Jon,
Looking to work a couple of days mowing lawns at most for my beer money and become a beach bum / golf addict for the rest of my days. Going to the Melbourne area and sending the missus out to work. Been in IT for 20 years now and I've had enough !! Time to chill.
Old Sep 27th 2004, 3:43 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

We are in Bishopbriggs.What about you?

Kirkintilloch!!
Donna.
Old Sep 27th 2004, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by madsad
Kirkintilloch!!
Donna.

Small world eh!
Wonder if hubby knows you?
Where you heading? We are going to Brissy.
Donna.
Old Sep 27th 2004, 3:52 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

eintracht,

Amen !! Sounds perfect!

Personally - i have been tapping this sodding keyboard for approx 10 years, boy do i need a change!! A few years back i was a DiveMaster (scuba) am really considering getting back into that!

Just down to our 'friends' in the ACS now !!

Last edited by wargod; Sep 27th 2004 at 3:58 pm.
Old Sep 27th 2004, 3:52 pm
Just Startin'

We are thinking of going to Adelaide.Do you have your visas sorted out?
We are just starting out
Old Sep 27th 2004, 4:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

I'm in the middle of doing my skills assessment with the ACS as we speak ( a right *****ing pain in the arse it is too), hoping to submit my RPL within the next month or so. To me once that is over its a downhill ride unless of course the medical shows I've only got a month to life then its not too important anyway.
Old Sep 27th 2004, 4:07 pm

We are thinking of going to Adelaide.Do you have your visas sorted out?
We are just starting out
We,re in the pre-july que! so still waiting! Hubbys trade has been put on the new MODL List though.
So hopefully not much longer
Donna.
Old Sep 27th 2004, 4:10 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

I have just finshed my RPL etc, i totally agree with you. It gets on my XXXX i have been in IT for 10 years - surely if i didnt know what i was doing then i would have gotten the boot well before now!!

the other thing - depending on who you ask the nature of the RPL differs - i have seen examples of 60+ pages. Even with screen dumps etc, mine is about 35 pages (gulp!)

Any question on the RPL - am happy to help, or at least try to !!

Cheers

Jon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.