A can of worms

Old Jan 21st 2004, 8:54 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute
Default A can of worms

As has often been mentioned on the forum Aussie radio is a little more "gritty" than the UK. I listen to Triple M most days and the breakfast show is called The Cage. They do a spot each day which they call "A can of worms" where they start a subject and get people to call in. I thought it might be a good idea if I opened the can of worms for you lot, could be some could discussion topics. There have been two topics over the past few days thats raised some discussion. So here they are

1) Who are the biggest wankers. Just to let you know that the W word is not classified as a major swear word over here. The responses ranged from people driving cars with stereos that you can here half a k away to people who owned a sporty car and wore all the clothing to go with it.

2) There is some legislation coming into effect that children born from donor sperm will have the right to find out who their biological father is. They also want the laws to apply retrospectivley. Do you think this is right

Discuss.........................
Old Jan 21st 2004, 8:56 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A can of worms

Originally posted by HUP
As has often been mentioned on the forum Aussie radio is a little more "gritty" than the UK. I listen to Triple M most days and the breakfast show is called The Cage. They do a spot each day which they call "A can of worms" where they start a subject and get people to call in. I thought it might be a good idea if I opened the can of worms for you lot, could be some could discussion topics. There have been two topics over the past few days thats raised some discussion. So here they are

1) Who are the biggest wankers. Just to let you know that the W word is not classified as a major swear word over here. The responses ranged from people driving cars with stereos that you can here half a k away to people who owned a sporty car and wore all the clothing to go with it.

2) There is some legislation coming into effect that children born from donor sperm will have the right to find out who their biological father is. They also want the laws to apply retrospectivley. Do you think this is right

HUP are you a Bogan? Do you turn up the volume when Triple M play ACDC?
Old Jan 21st 2004, 8:59 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bondipom
HUP are you a Bogan? Do you turn up the volume when Triple M play ACDC?
Bogan to the core! But why do you ask BP
Old Jan 21st 2004, 9:01 pm

Originally posted by HUP
Bogan to the core! But why do you ask BP
You listen to Triple M. No self respecting Bogan would listen to anything else. Hope you have ripped the arms off your flanno.
Old Jan 21st 2004, 9:05 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by HUP

Yes - children should have the right to know who their biological father is, regardless of their method of conception.
No - would cause a huge drop in the number of sperm donors. And who is to say that in the future they will not bring in a law saying that all biological fathers should pay maintainence, whether conceived through AR or not, and that this should apply retrospectively.

Tend to agree with the no - it seems wholly unfair that a man who is willing to go through the (very embarrassing) procedure of donating sperm should be subject to the risk of being 'traced' by the child he 'helped' conceive. Most sperm donors do this through some degree of compassion and a willingness to help, as well as for money, and Im sure most would withdraw consent to use their sperm if they know that somewhere down the line junior will come looking for them.

sue
Old Jan 21st 2004, 9:06 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

Originally posted by bondipom
Hope you have ripped the arms off your flanno.
No our stuff hasn't arrived from the UK yet (You couldn't take the arms of your flannos over there as it was to cold .)

Triple M is a cool station. The Cage in the morning is very funny. The Shebang (spelling?) at drivetime is also very funny and they have also just started a new show with Mike Malloy (Tough love) which I've yet to hear but sounds good as well. Music wise yes they have a lot of rock music, and they have a few retro spots throughout the day. So if good music and humour makes me bogan then so be it .
Old Jan 21st 2004, 9:07 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Can we have a definition of Bogan, please?
Old Jan 21st 2004, 9:11 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

Originally posted by Pollster
Can we have a definition of Bogan, please?
Australian term used to describe members of society that are a combination of what the Yanks call Rednecks, Jocks and Trailer Park Trash. most likely found wearing mockies, flanalette shirts and consuming VB (bad Aussie beer). Large amount of bogans can be found living in The Borough, Bendigo, Aust.
Old Jan 21st 2004, 9:14 pm

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bogan
Old Jan 21st 2004, 9:15 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Ta!

ummmm mockies?
Old Jan 21st 2004, 9:27 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Are you a triple M freq as well? Andy is a confirmed listener but No.1 son states it is a bit old fartish

Have you managed to get anything from the freebies - I have given up trying now.

On the question posed above - nope no way, you should be able to tick a box for either contact me or not and your wishes should be followed in all cases. You might worry where it would stop as you are allowed to use the donation for up to 10 cases - do all the children then have rights to get in contact? Actually I also believe this should also apply to adopted children and parents. It is an emotive subject. The articles in the Sydney papers stated the figures that only nine hetrosexual couples in Sydney last year required the use of a sperm doner, over 40 single and lesbian woman used the service. The donation of eggs is a higher requirement and as this process is very difficult the added stress thinking that your 'child' might coming looking in future years might be an off putting factor for some doners.

I loved the Triple M evening show one day this week when Jonny was being called a wanker for pissing off 70% of parents who send their children to state school - I was cheering. John Howard is a tosser of the greatest order, I was very upset with his statements on state schools.

Cheers Sandra
Old Jan 21st 2004, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

NJFOZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by HUP
Australian term used to describe members of society that are a combination of what the Yanks call Rednecks, Jocks and Trailer Park Trash. most likely found wearing mockies, flanalette shirts and consuming VB (bad Aussie beer). Large amount of bogans can be found living in The Borough, Bendigo, Aust.

What a slur!!! what has poor old VB done to deserve this unfounded attack. Leave VB alone.......................
Old Jan 21st 2004, 9:36 pm

Originally posted by NJFOZ
What a slur!!! what has poor old VB done to deserve this unfounded attack. Leave VB alone.......................
VB is sweet and frankly a bad beer. Give that man a New.
Old Jan 21st 2004, 9:44 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Sandra

I loved the Triple M evening show one day this week when Jonny was being called a wanker for pissing off 70% of parents who send their children to state school - I was cheering. John Howard is a tosser of the greatest order, I was very upset with his statements on state schools.
Bugger, I missed that, what did the wanker say?

As for the rest, HUP, I agree with BP, you've become a fully fledged bogan already . If they allow sperm donors to be traced it shouldnt apply retrospectively. And DEFINITELY the biggest wankers are the noisy shitbox car owners who have yet to learn how to use a clutch & an accelerator correctly - the bane of my existence. I hate them .
Old Jan 21st 2004, 9:49 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

Originally posted by NJFOZ
The definition was not mine (Urban dictionary) and true to my new found bogan status I don't mind a drop of VB. I prefer Tooheys Dry though. What I can't get into is the cans of bourban and 'cola'.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.