Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can someone sell Perth (and Oz) to me!

Can someone sell Perth (and Oz) to me!

Old Nov 19th 2010, 4:04 am
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Can someone sell Perth (and Oz) to me!

Originally Posted by mrs i
I'm not a racist(thought I'd better put that first!) but sometimes I do think things associated with being a 'racist' are over the top.I am British so I'm called a Brit(abbreviated)some one from Pakistan is called a paki(abbreviated).someone from Australia is called an Aussie(abbreviated)and the list goes on and on.I think there's worse things going on in the world to be worried about being called a Brit,paki or Aussie. Xx
Being racist has nothing to do with what is being said it's the fact that referring to someone as an abo is offensive much like using the word paki. Whether the words are used with racist intentions or not those names are seen as insulting.

I'm British & honestly don't care if I'm referred to as a brit or a pomme (don't like whinging being added in front of it though as I'm not) but neither of those terms are used in a derogatory way as you say brit is just an abbreviation.

Alison x
Old Nov 19th 2010, 4:07 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by al150n
So you'd happily called a Pakistani a paki to their face then

Alison x
Well since they use it on the news all the time here... why not?
Old Nov 19th 2010, 4:21 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pomtastic
Absolutely, house prices are a joke and they are indeed coming off as predicted by myself. The so called 'spring selling' season that's happening now has been a complete wash out in Perth with hardly any uptick in sales. The media will have no choice other than to admit that housing is now finished and price declines will accelerate as people holding onto negativelty geared housing will be losing money hand over fist and will want to bail out.

Migration to Perth is/has going to drop off massively due to the fact that it's blue collar workers paradise and UK blue collar workers can no longer afford it here - it's that simple! I know Perth's market, I know the 'types' that come here and I know that they are generally priced out now.

Million dollar house anyone?? That's £600K!!

Perth is complacent compared to the UK. Businesses here are quite happy to just rip off the customer with bad service and value and ride on the back of mining for China and sell over inflated houses to each other for higher and higher prices. It's an economic model that will fail unfortunately. The UK is more hungry for overseas business, especially China and companies strive to give you the best deals - something that does not happen here. This will come back to bite Aus in the bum.
We're all doooooooooomed! Dooooooooooomed I tell you!
Old Nov 19th 2010, 4:22 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

I'm British & honestly don't care if I'm referred to as a brit or a pomme (don't like whinging being added in front of it though as I'm not) but neither of those terms are used in a derogatory way as you say brit is just an abbreviation.

Alison x
Alison, it can take a while to fully understand and appreciate a different country and culture.
Old Nov 19th 2010, 4:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Japonica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Well, 2012 is coming up
Old Nov 19th 2010, 5:19 am
Forum Regular

thedons will become famous soon enoughthedons will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by bruce n sheila
My grandparents were jews , my dad is a jew , trust me ...I know what I am talking about ...I never said I don't like jews or ABO'S .....I actually just said that one abo was trying punching my son . I never said I don't like Jews as that would mean I dislike most of my family ..Jews are renouned to be tight. May be hard workers , but save and are stringent with spending .Glad your known to be generous ...my dad is too he got me a car ..however buys primark when INFACT he could buy marks and spencer QUALITY . ....thats my point I am far from a bigot ......I tell you what I am CERTAINLY not fond of , jumped up ass holes on BE ....Who have nothing better to do with their time then go on here picking on people insted of being productive and helpful ....obviously the Perth boredom coming out .
Well said Fantastic here here.................................
Old Nov 19th 2010, 7:01 am
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
If any one of my friends disowned me for living in a certain area then I would tell them to shit off out of my life because they are not worthy of my friendship.

They are not your friends to do that Weebie, they are users in every sense of the word, they would not stand by you through thick/thin, they would not be there for you - whatever you say.

Because if they are that shallow to judge you for where you live to the point they would disown you, then they are not friends - they are faecal matter dressed up in a suit, trouble is - you cant shine shit, and that is what they are if they have this opinion.

I hope sincerely that you were joking - you were joking werent you?
People here are shallow and money and location are everything.

Welcome to Australia.
Old Nov 19th 2010, 7:06 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Weebie
People here are shallow and money and location are everything.

Welcome to Australia.
Sorry mate but that is the world over. Some people are shallow and some people aren't. Nothing unique to Australia.
Old Nov 19th 2010, 7:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Japonica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Sorry mate but that is the world over. Some people are shallow and some people aren't. Nothing unique to Australia.
No kidding...
Old Nov 19th 2010, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

bruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to all

So you'd happily called a Pakistani a paki to their face then

Alison x
yep !!!as that is what they are ! ....same as me a brit as I am british
Old Nov 19th 2010, 7:25 am
BE Enthusiast

pomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
My uncle is pretty much doomed. He bought an 'investment' harbourside in Mandurah, paid $1.5 million for it. Lucky if he gets 900K for it. Poor bastard is going to have to readjust his retirement plans.
Old Nov 19th 2010, 7:30 am
BE Enthusiast

pomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Being racist has nothing to do with what is being said it's the fact that referring to someone as an abo is offensive much like using the word paki. Whether the words are used with racist intentions or not those names are seen as insulting.

Alison x
Do you find the subtitles used on Aussie TV when Indians are talking insulting and racist?
Old Nov 19th 2010, 7:32 am
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute

My uncle is pretty much doomed. He bought an 'investment' harbourside in Mandurah, paid $1.5 million for it. Lucky if he gets 900K for it. Poor bastard is going to have to readjust his retirement plans.
I suppose you'll be laughing at your uncles misfortune also?
Old Nov 19th 2010, 7:32 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Do you find the subtitles used on Aussie TV when Indians are talking insulting and racist?
My husband works with an Indian lady. he says she is a very nice person but he does struggle to understand her as her English isn't that flash. That isn't racist, that is factual.
Old Nov 19th 2010, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

bruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to all

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.