Reload this Page >

can someone help me

can someone help me

Old Feb 6th 2005, 1:43 pm
Just Joined

home will become famous soon enough
Default can someone help me

Hi all,

I used to live in australia for 7 yrs while i was studying. I got into trouble with the law when i was younger (4 yrs ago) mainly due to the environment i was in. I graduated uni but i was charged was driving offences which i initially attented. however i had a second case to re-appear. I didnot go because I had a job proposition overseas. I recently got a call from family where my uncle in australia is dying of liver cancer and has only couple of weeks to live. i really want to go and see him but I am worried that there may be a warrant issued under my name. If so can i be arrested at the immigration in the airport.

This is major offence just a driving offence.

Anyone can help me with this please... I am planning to book the tickest soon.
Old Feb 6th 2005, 2:00 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: can someone help me

sorry I meant this was not a major offence but i dnt know how the law nowdays. can anyone please advice me.
Old Feb 6th 2005, 2:14 pm
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by home
sorry I meant this was not a major offence but i dnt know how the law nowdays. can anyone please advice me.
I will be straight with you here because its the life of a relative involved.

Go back and see your relative to see him and do it ASAP.

Do not use the fact you have broken the law and you are too scared to face the music, so you cannot go back.

I know its easy for me to say, but if you go back now and face it, you may be arrested, but if you at least explain to them the circumstances, see your Uncle and then, face up to what you have done.

Because you will not only hate yourself if he dies without you seeing him, but if you keep on running away from a crime you have commited, then sooner or later, you will get tired and wont be able to run anymore.

Nothing lasts for ever and whatever the punishment you will get for that offence, the time will soon be spent.

Then you can live your life without the fear of it coming back to haunt you.

Book the ticket. Go home and see him.

And good luck.

(It takes a bigger person to do that I can tell you)

Old Feb 6th 2005, 2:18 pm
Just Joined

thanks.
But do you think immigration do keep this kind of records.
I know that in UK they issue a warrant for anything and everything.
I know that if u commit a murder then yes the immigration will have the record but for minor offences?
Old Feb 6th 2005, 2:21 pm
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by home
thanks.
But do you think immigration do keep this kind of records.
I know that in UK they issue a warrant for anything and everything.
I know that if u commit a murder then yes the immigration will have the record but for minor offences?

I dont know.

But if I were you, do a search for legal advice in Australia, someone that you can perhaps get some basic advice over the phone or even email first to ask them, and put your questions to them.

I know you must be scared to go back, but get it out of the way.

And if you contact someone who knows Aussie law, then you at least know what you are going back to.