Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

can someone help?

can someone help?

Old Dec 31st 2003, 10:15 pm
Just Joined

leegregory is an unknown quantity at this point
Default can someone help?

Hi, My family and i want to move to Perth as we have family there but just dont have the money to support ourselves for two years like the goverment want! I am a tradesman (plasterer) but did'nt go to college so no paperwork! i have been on a working visa before in sydney and got offered sponsorship a couple of times so does anyone reakon that another go at a 1 year working visa, getting sponsered then trying to bring the family over afterwards will work? Am married, 3 kid's, 29 years old not rich! hope someone can help? all the best, happy new year! can email... [email protected] cheers.
Old Dec 31st 2003, 10:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: can someone help?

Originally posted by leegregory
Hi, My family and i want to move to Perth as we have family there but just dont have the money to support ourselves for two years like the goverment want! I am a tradesman (plasterer) but did'nt go to college so no paperwork! i have been on a working visa before in sydney and got offered sponsorship a couple of times so does anyone reakon that another go at a 1 year working visa, getting sponsered then trying to bring the family over afterwards will work? Am married, 3 kid's, 29 years old not rich! hope someone can help? all the best, happy new year! can email... [email protected] cheers.
Hi there Lee
my hubby is a plasterer too, learnt on site so to speak and didn't have any formal qualifications but we are going on the Skilled Independant route, passed the Tra assessment with flying colours and submitted our app to the DIMIA at the beginning of Oct. As i don't know your circumstances you could do an online assessment through one of the agents and see how you go, either that or could you not get sponsorship from a family member already out there?
if you need any more help send me a pm
with regards and best wishes
rach, mark and chanelle
Old Dec 31st 2003, 10:59 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by nosuchluck
Hi there Lee
my hubby is a plasterer too, learnt on site so to speak and didn't have any formal qualifications but we are going on the Skilled Independant route, passed the Tra assessment with flying colours and submitted our app to the DIMIA at the beginning of Oct. As i don't know your circumstances you could do an online assessment through one of the agents and see how you go, either that or could you not get sponsorship from a family member already out there?
if you need any more help send me a pm
with regards and best wishes
rach, mark and chanelle
Thanks for getting back to me, we have already had an assessment with an agency (visa plus) and they approved us but would charge us £4000 on completion and that is without the entry money of which i understand is a 2 year basic salary of £15 ,000 a year which we just cant raise so did u have that? Lee &jo
Old Dec 31st 2003, 11:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for getting back to me, we have already had an assessment with an agency (visa plus) and they approved us but would charge us £4000 on completion and that is without the entry money of which i understand is a 2 year basic salary of £15 ,000 a year which we just cant raise so did u have that? Lee &jo

Lee and Jo
i don't know where Visa Plus got there figures from but we used Global Visas who only charged us £1600 which was payable in two instalments, i've never heard of the basic salary thing?!?!?!
We had to pay to get through the TRA and of course for the DIMIA application but it has come to nowhere near 4 grand!! We will have to put up the bond money of AU$100,000 but that is because we are older!
as i said i'm here to help!
with regards
rach, mark and chanelle
Old Jan 1st 2004, 1:15 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Hi lee,
think the 2 year salary thing is an obstacle I came across and have very quickly bridged!!!
someone correct me if im wrong, but as I understood it (from a migration agent and info from dimia 8-9 years ago), 'they' ask that you take with you enough money to support yourself and your family for at least 2 years - this is because you cant claim certain benefits for the first 2 years you are out there. If you look on dimias website and read through the application form for skilled independant there is a question asking how much funds you will be taking with you. I gather that they VERY rarely ask for proof, but thats not to say they never ask. suppose it depends if you feel lucky enough to chance it and exxagerate how much you will be taking!
Its common sense you have enough money to support yourself, because you could go out there with promises of jobs, and as some on here will tell you, promises dont always get kept and circumstances can change dramatically - you dont want to get stuck with no job and no back up money!!!
As you are still only 29 you arent that old!!! My partner is now 40 and i am 36, and will be submitting our application this year - you do lose points for age, but not that many!!

Incidentally, as you have small childrent you will be eligible for the family tax benefit straight away (one of the few you dont have to wait 2 years for) but I beleive you would have to be working to claim it - heres the link -
http://www.familyassist.gov.au/Inter...ents/FTBA.html

hope this helps

sue

ps my hubby is a plasterer too!!
Old Jan 1st 2004, 12:50 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lee!

I can't help, but I suggest you definetly post these questions on the immigration forum.
Here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/forum...php?forumid=32

Good luck!

Old Jan 1st 2004, 7:52 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by Simone82
Hi Lee!

I can't help, but I suggest you definetly post these questions on the immigration forum.
Here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/forum...php?forumid=32

Good luck!

Thanks simone!! we will do that, all the best, happy new year! Lee and Jo
Old Jan 1st 2004, 8:39 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Lee and Jo.

There have been some interesting threads in the past re the agency you have mentioned.

For example:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ight=**********
and

To answer your query as to the salary and income issue one would need to know what visa is being recommended. If you are looking at an employer sponsored temporary 457-visa there are indeed Department of Immigration requirements placed on an employer as to the minimum level of salary on offer, which must be met before an application for a business sponsorship will be approved.

However, if you are looking at a skilled permanent visa there are no such requirements.

Not sure that this helps - hopefully it does ...

Best regards.

Old Jan 1st 2004, 8:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Alan Collett
Hello Lee and Jo.

There have been some interesting threads in the past re the agency you have mentioned.

For example:
and

To answer your query as to the salary and income issue one would need to know what visa is being recommended. If you are looking at an employer sponsored temporary 457-visa there are indeed Department of Immigration requirements placed on an employer as to the minimum level of salary on offer, which must be met before an application for a business sponsorship will be approved.

However, if you are looking at a skilled permanent visa there are no such requirements.

Not sure that this helps - hopefully it does ...

Best regards.
Hi Alan
just wanted to wish you and your family a Happy New Year
kind regards
rach, mark and chanelle
Old Jan 1st 2004, 8:54 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Rach, Mark, and Chanelle.

Thank you for your kind words, and best wishes for 2004 to you as well.

Originally posted by nosuchluck
Hi Alan
just wanted to wish you and your family a Happy New Year
kind regards
rach, mark and chanelle
Old Jan 1st 2004, 9:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Alan Collett
Hello Rach, Mark, and Chanelle.

Thank you for your kind words, and best wishes for 2004 to you as well.
You are very welcome Alan, you are always so helpful with everyone and everything, i just thought it was apt that i send you a message!
Thank you too by the way
rach
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

Shaz&Phil is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Lee
I don't know if you can apply from OZ for PR.

Possibly go on 1 year visa and the family could come out on Holiday visa or possibly your wife on a working visa.(Your wife does not have to work)! Not sure the visa for the kids but even on 6 month ho;iday visa may give you all a spell there. Then pursue the sponsered route???

You mention family in Perth. If they live outside the Metropolitan area, you could consider Regional sponsered. Class 139 i think.

You would need
1) Minimum skills assessed at 40 points. Some proof reqd but not sure in your case. Employers statements and experince record with a practical exam in OZ??. Worth checking if other options not viable.
2)Sponser by cousin, bother , uncle , aunt etc etc.
3) Assurer (does not have to be related to you)to "put up bond" of $5000 for 2 adults not sure of 3 kids bond.

just a thought cheers
Phil