Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

can my daughter get admission in primary school in age of 4 ?

can my daughter get admission in primary school in age of 4 ?

Old Nov 1st 2011, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

Haansi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default can my daughter get admission in primary school in age of 4 ?

Can a children in Australia start primary school in age of 4 ? I read in 3-5 they go to kinder garden and on 5 they go to primary school.

I am moving to Australia in some months. Actually my daughter's age was wrongly register (one year late). She is 5 now but as per her document her age is 4.

Doing correction is a lengthy process and will need to go through court.

Please advice me.

Thanks
Old Nov 1st 2011, 6:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: can my daughter get admission in primary school in age of 4 ?

All depends on her date of birth and the state you are proposing to go to. They will use the official date of birth so best get it changed if you believe all documents are incorrect
Old Nov 1st 2011, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by quoll
All depends on her date of birth and the state you are proposing to go to. They will use the official date of birth so best get it changed if you believe all documents are incorrect
Thanks for replying.

But are there any states that allow admission in primary school in the age of 4 ?
Old Nov 1st 2011, 7:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Haansi
Can a children in Australia start primary school in age of 4 ? I read in 3-5 they go to kinder garden and on 5 they go to primary school.

I am moving to Australia in some months. Actually my daughter's age was wrongly register (one year late). She is 5 now but as per her document her age is 4.

Please advice me.

Thanks
Why on earth didn't you correct the birth certificate? You will certainly need to get it fixed because nobody is going to take your word for it, they would just think you are trying to get the child into school early.

The rules appear to depend upon when the child is due to turn 5 and vary by state, you haven't said which you are going to. I don't have children btw I googled "what age to children start school in Australia".
Old Nov 1st 2011, 8:15 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Please advice me.

Thanks
If the birth certificate is wrong you are best advised to get it corrected asap and you will also need to get her passport and her visa amended. Australia places great emphasis on being able to produce ID which includes a date of birth.
Old Nov 1st 2011, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

macy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of light

Please advice me.

Thanks

As previously advised not changing her birth certificate will cause huge problems for her later in life, joining team sports, getting a driving licence, pretty much everything. In QLD you won't get any child starting school at 4 years old.
Old Nov 1st 2011, 10:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macy
As previously advised not changing her birth certificate will cause huge problems for her later in life, joining team sports, getting a driving licence, pretty much everything. In QLD you won't get any child starting school at 4 years old.
Hmm, yes, you will. Children who dont turn 5 until 30 June may start full time school in Queensland ie they are still 4 when they begin. In other states the cut off dates are different which is why the state is important.
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 12:12 am
Spud

spuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Our daughter was 4 when she started at Primary school here in NSW. I'm not sure if the rules have changed but at the time she had to be 5 before the 31st July.

A lot of Aussie families keep there kids at home longer and start them at school later for some reason. There were 6 year olds in her class when she started at 4 - she keeps up with them with school work OK though, being younger has not been an issue yet. The biggest problems will arise when she older, at 15 and some of her class mates will be 17. I have planning requests in for a 6 storey tower with a moat and a gate house.
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 1:18 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I know it's irrelevant to the thread but why on earth didn't you query the wrong year when you received the certificate? My mind is boggling just now.
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 3:03 am
BE Enthusiast

In Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond repute

that extra year will be psychologically crucial just as she is about to turn 30 - buys her one more year. she'll thank you in the end
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 3:04 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

How did the child get a passport or is that wrong also?
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 3:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by quoll
Thanks quoll, I am also thinking to get this correction.

About state I am deciding which state to go.

Between one thing please. Are there some state that allow to get admission in school in age of 4 ?

thanks for your time and helping me.
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 4:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I know it's irrelevant to the thread but why on earth didn't you query the wrong year when you received the certificate? My mind is boggling just now.
I was thinking exactly the same, I just don't get how this wouldn't be fixed at the time of occurrence?
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 4:22 am
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

Depends on when her birthday is and which state.

Unless it's changed since we came, in Victoria you can start in the January if your child turns 5 before the end of April.

Mine did and was the youngest in school for a year, then we let him repeat a year so he'd be the same age as other kids in class.
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 4:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dicko
I was thinking exactly the same, I just don't get how this wouldn't be fixed at the time of occurrence?
Thanks Dicko for your precious time and advice;

it is a good advice but sure it is not answer to my question.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.