Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can I work on a provisional resident visa

Can I work on a provisional resident visa

Old Sep 16th 2003, 2:04 pm
Just Joined

LadyBug is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can I work on a provisional resident visa

Hello....I am a Filipina holding a Philippine passport who got married in Nevada. My husband is a permanent resident of Australia. We applied for a spouse visa in Manila and I was granted a provisonal resident visa.....it had a clause saying that I am allowed to stay in Australia until my permanent resident application has been granted....would like to know if I will be allowed to work even if my visa is a provisional resident ?

Thanks.
Old Sep 16th 2003, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

BritishInOhio will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Can I work on a provisional resident visa

Originally posted by LadyBug
Hello....I am a Filipina holding a Philippine passport who got married in Nevada. My husband is a permanent resident of Australia. We applied for a spouse visa in Manila and I was granted a provisonal resident visa.....it had a clause saying that I am allowed to stay in Australia until my permanent resident application has been granted....would like to know if I will be allowed to work even if my visa is a provisional resident ?

Thanks.
I think your in the wrong forum buddy. But to answer your question, no you can't work here in the US and being as your in Oz I think the commute will be unbearable to be honest.
Old Sep 16th 2003, 7:48 pm
Mrtravel

LadyBug wrote:
    > Hello....I am a Filipina holding a Philippine passport who got married
    > in Nevada. My husband is a permanent resident of Australia. We applied
    > for a spouse visa in Manila and I was granted a provisonal resident
    > visa.....it had a clause saying that I am allowed to stay in Australia
    > until my permanent resident application has been granted....would like
    > to know if I will be allowed to work even if my visa is a provisional
    > resident ?
    >

What does this have to do with a US Visa forum?

Old Sep 16th 2003, 8:53 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by LadyBug

Thanks.
You are able to work in Australia on a Sub Class 309 which is what I think you are on. To be sure check out this link and compare your visa sub class
http://www.immi.gov.au/employers/kit2003/14.htm

2 years from when you applied in Manila a decision will be made on permanent residence. 3 months before this decision is due DIMIA should post you the relevant forms and a list of requirments.